The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter to the Regeant, Pavilions, and Wardens
To whom it may concern among the Wardens, the Reagent, and our respected officials within the Pavilions,

It seems that I was quite fortunate in my absence some days ago, as it has been brought to my attention that the Citadel seized and destroyed one of the recently granted writs for the legal allowance of darkly aligned divine magic before, and that this led to an actual exchanging of blows.

As a local cleric, participant in the council of camp leaders, former enforcer of local law, and concerned citizen I humbly request information on what is to be done moving forward, as I and many others were led to believe that the occupation was over, and whatever Citadel remained were purely doing so to deal with the Hellgate.

To my knowledge, the disregard of local law in accordance with their divine duty was only allowed to them under the terms of their old contract. By my measure, that means we're still under occupation.

Given what I've heard, I imagine this is a stressful time for all involved with what happened, not least of all our Lady Aminata. I do not mean to accuse or condemn in regards to the Citadel's continued presence. I merely long for clarity as to the current situation as one who is made most vulnerable by the Citadel's violation of our laws.

With respect,

Carrion Indridason, Priest of the Nightkeeper
IG: A human man in a crow skull mask, grey stole, and black clerical vestments. Occasionally carries an iron or silver dagger, but more often seen without any visible weapons or amour to speak of.

OOG: Danny Heintz, he/him. Transmasc in progress, please disregard mine bræsts. 

Pillar Keeper,

I want you to know that I consider the events of this past Saturday a deep disgrace on my part.
Clearly I and my Wardens have failed you and the citizens of this town by allowing your legal rights to be trampled upon. Dark magic may be prohibited under our current laws; however, worship is not. You should not feel unsafe in the very place you call home.

I want you to know that I swear an oath, on my honour as a paladin of Lumesoren, that I will do everything in my power to work towards making Ralinwood a town in which you do not feel in danger simply because you differ in opinions and beliefs. Ralinwood should reflect the ideals championed by the nation it belongs to, Duvain.

Should you have any further concerns, please feel free to stop by my office at your earliest convenience.

Regent Titus Accius
Regent Titus Accius,

I do not hold you responsible for the liberties taken by the Citadel, and I take comfort in your oath and your words. I look forward to speaking to you in person, as I was unfortunately unable to attend discussions of writs. I'm sure you can understand why such a thing would interest me.

It is my belief that the adoption of the White Raven's restrictions went against the spirit of Duvain's laws against the mingling of faith and governance, and that to deny a cleric the ability to bless and ward his flock from danger makes a mockery of our laws that promote religious freedoms. The Citadel and the Church wish for the Dark to be made toothless, yet we have no interest in biting. I wish only to tend to the faithful of my god, and to continue in my efforts to support and protect town to the fullest extent of what I can offer.

Sincerely,

IG: A human man in a crow skull mask, grey stole, and black clerical vestments. Occasionally carries an iron or silver dagger, but more often seen without any visible weapons or amour to speak of.

The aforementioned citadel members were annihilated by Miss Gamorrah, and were taken to the pavilions.

The regent myself and Miss Gamorrah will be addressing the leaders of our local church of Light and whatever Commander remains for the citadel in the area. The arrangement struck by our superiors were to have the citadel reassigned but for a force sufficient to section off and guard the structure known as the hellgate. If the citadel still possesses strength in number enough that they can frivolously accost foreign dignitaries then they have sufficient forces that those who have taken part can be reassigned as well, I hear jormungr is nice this time of year.

Sincerely,
Captain Ashlind Ignatius Urquart
Owner - Shaper - Stick Wizard
Email: Daniel@underworldralinwood.ca
Captain Urquart,

Thank you for letting me know. As always you are a voice of reason in these strange and chaotic times.

With respect,

I would like to see a list of those who possess writs for dangerous weapons, liquids/gases, and magic to be made public. An informed town is a safe town.

Leon
Blacksmith
It they have been granted writs, it is because the nobility has deemed them trustworthy of possessing and making use of such things. Why exactly would you need such information when you are neither a lawmaker nor a Warden?

- Carrion, Priest of the Nightkeeper

Crimes against this land are easily committed in front of the ignorant. I would believe an aware and watching citizenry would grant more eyes to aid our nobility and wardens of those that would elude the law.

Leon
Blacksmith
The threat of a hypothetical future crime does not warrant a violation of the privacy and safety of our townsfolk. While I have always been outspoken about my faith and my abilities, I do so at great personal risk, and I have had to live with the consequences of that. It’s unfair of you to demand others do likewise because you think there’s an inherent danger to their magic or the skills in which they are trained.

The nobility will be granting writs to the trusted. Are you saying the biased fears of the peasantry are worth more than our ruling house’s judgement? I cannot believe this is a good faith argument from one who had so frequently spoken out against the moral character of dark followers as a whole and accused us of being unlawful as a default.

- Carrion, Priest of the Nightkeeper