The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I do to eventually walk the path of a Cleric?
Isak, I can be found usually around Tavern during the day. I am not hard to miss, but if I am not there then my tent is just across the field from the tavern, large and red.

(Sending FB add now)

Signed;
Epic NPC Man!! -guitar riff-
Know that your covetous gods may seek a voice, but likely not an echo, in the same village.

It is a certainty, then, that this will become a contest betwixt yourself and Lamalas for this entity's favour. Honesty demands you be made aware of this.

~ Ferdouz
OOG: Constantine Collias
Really you should start fighting everyone you meet. 'First to the battle last to leave'.
Including Lamalas so Valdr knows you're better at the whole thing then him.

I feel pretty great about myself so I don't know about this whole failed at being a dragon knight thing 'Sieur'.. If it makes you sleep better at night that I've got my old arsenal back, sure.

Sevatar.
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
No meeting is required, Isak. The path is deceptively simple, but the journey will tax you. There are many that seek the favour of a God, but do not understand what that truly means.

The first advice is a warning - to become true beacon of your chosen God, understand that there is a difference between being truthful to Their tenets, and utter devotion. That is where many fail. I have met countless who sought favour, but lacked the conviction.

Second, should you seek the favour of a God, know that it will change you, forever. The being you are now will be cast aside, and instead there will be a creature that has been judged, and must maintain the Will of said God by Word or Fist. Yes, favour grants power. But it also grants obligation that will follow you until your death, and beyond. I speak from experience.

Third. Consider the tenets of your chosen God. Study on them, pray on them. See if they truly match what lay in your heart. You will be tested on them in ways you cannot perceive, and you will be punished strongly for failure. In this I also speak from experience. It takes far more than spouting rhetoric to gain passing glance of the Divine. It takes action. As a Cleric, it will be your purpose in this world to teach the Will and Word of your God, and for no other to be better at this than yourself. While I hold great respect for Lamalas, he also seeks the Grace of Valdr. You two will be compatriots, but you will also be in competition.

Fourth. Stay true to your devotion. Of the many I have seen seeking Divine Favour, I have had a majority of them seek me out for a shred of the Grace of Roland to protect them. Fear is a powerful motivator, but never forget that the Gods know when your allegiance shifts, even for a moment. As you witnessed at my Mass, I require an oath to be sworn for those that would be Blessed by Divine Roland. Though his Grace hovers on your very soul for only a few fleeting days, your soul is forever marked by his presence. And other Gods will know this.

Fifth. Patience. Strive forward with hope and stay to your duty to your God, but do not Demand of them. The Gods will not be rushed. They proceed at your own pace. It took a number of years for Divine Roland to make me his Fist and Word. For those of insufficient dedication, it may never happen. To this end, ask yourself the following - should you not become favoured, will this weaken your faith? If so, abandon your quest now.

Sixth. Your freedom is forfeit. To achieve the full grace of a God, your free will is the price to pay. You become an instrument of Their Will, and the nature and temperament of the God in question will dictate how this loss is felt. I find this is where the majority of aspirants fail. There will be a day, favoured or not, that your God will demand something of you that will make you question all of your decisions you have made on this journey. Stumble but a little, and your God will look elsewhere.

Seventh. You will die. When the Grace of a God is placed upon you, the other Gods know your name and will seek to keep you at bay, or seek your destruction. In the end, your God will claim your life in their service, or when you no longer are of us to them. Life is far simpler when you chose no faith or devotion, beyond that people will try and influence you. In upholding the values of Divine Roland, I have gained the ire of nearly the entire pantheon of Darkness, for a variety of reasons.

These lessons I teach to all that seek the favour of the Light. Many come to me for guidance, which I gladly give. But those that come to me seeking power and influence, I give them these warnings. Many justify the reason of seeking favour as a way to do good. This is folly. One does not require the grace of a God to do good things, for to do such things is a choice that all creatures make on their own. People truly seek favour for power, or to fulfill a higher calling.

Should these lessons and warnings have not scared you off your quest to gain the eye of Valdr, I will say one last thing - never accept the Blessing of any other God. I dwell in multiple lands in my duty as a Knight of the Rose, and those who have taken that shred of Grace I can offer are known to both Divine Roland, and the God they would serve.

I give you this knowledge freely, and hope that in return you will dedicate yourself to a greater good for both yourself, and the people of this world.

(09-12-2017, 12:18 PM)Ostrozne Wrote: No meeting is required, Isak. The path is deceptively simple, but the journey will tax you. There are many that seek the favour of a God, but do not understand what that truly means.

The first advice is a warning - to become true beacon of your chosen God, understand that there is a difference between being truthful to Their tenets, and utter devotion. That is where many fail. I have met countless who sought favour, but lacked the conviction.

Second, should you seek the favour of a God, know that it will change you, forever. The being you are now will be cast aside, and instead there will be a creature that has been judged, and must maintain the Will of said God by Word or Fist. Yes, favour grants power. But it also grants obligation that will follow you until your death, and beyond. I speak from experience.

Third. Consider the tenets of your chosen God. Study on them, pray on them. See if they truly match what lay in your heart. You will be tested on them in ways you cannot perceive, and you will be punished strongly for failure. In this I also speak from experience. It takes far more than spouting rhetoric to gain passing glance of the Divine. It takes action. As a Cleric, it will be your purpose in this world to teach the Will and Word of your God, and for no other to be better at this than yourself. While I hold great respect for Lamalas, he also seeks the Grace of Valdr. You two will be compatriots, but you will also be in competition.

Fourth. Stay true to your devotion. Of the many I have seen seeking Divine Favour, I have had a majority of them seek me out for a shred of the Grace of Roland to protect them. Fear is a powerful motivator, but never forget that the Gods know when your allegiance shifts, even for a moment. As you witnessed at my Mass, I require an oath to be sworn for those that would be Blessed by Divine Roland. Though his Grace hovers on your very soul for only a few fleeting days, your soul is forever marked by his presence. And other Gods will know this.

Fifth. Patience. Strive forward with hope and stay to your duty to your God, but do not Demand of them. The Gods will not be rushed. They proceed at your own pace. It took a number of years for Divine Roland to make me his Fist and Word. For those of insufficient dedication, it may never happen. To this end, ask yourself the following - should you not become favoured, will this weaken your faith? If so, abandon your quest now.

Sixth. Your freedom is forfeit. To achieve the full grace of a God, your free will is the price to pay. You become an instrument of Their Will, and the nature and temperament of the God in question will dictate how this loss is felt. I find this is where the majority of aspirants fail. There will be a day, favoured or not, that your God will demand something of you that will make you question all of your decisions you have made on this journey. Stumble but a little, and your God will look elsewhere.

Seventh. You will die. When the Grace of a God is placed upon you, the other Gods know your name and will seek to keep you at bay, or seek your destruction. In the end, your God will claim your life in their service, or when you no longer are of us to them. Life is far simpler when you chose no faith or devotion, beyond that people will try and influence you. In upholding the values of Divine Roland, I have gained the ire of nearly the entire pantheon of Darkness, for a variety of reasons.  

These lessons I teach to all that seek the favour of the Light. Many come to me for guidance, which I gladly give. But those that come to me seeking power and influence, I give them these warnings. Many justify the reason of seeking favour as a way to do good. This is folly. One does not require the grace of a God to do good things, for to do such things is a choice that all creatures make on their own. People truly seek favour for power, or to fulfill a higher calling.

Should these lessons and warnings have not scared you off your quest to gain the eye of Valdr, I will say one last thing - never accept the Blessing of any other God. I dwell in multiple lands in my duty as a Knight of the Rose, and those who have taken that shred of Grace I can offer are known to both Divine Roland, and the God they would serve.

I give you this knowledge freely, and hope that in return you will dedicate yourself to a greater good for both yourself, and the people of this world.

Thank you, O Knight of the Blood Red Rose... Your words have moved me deeply. They shall be remembered, studied, and meditated on. As for your request, I promise you - I will dedicate myself to the Good of all.
Isak, son of Jon of clan Galloglach
Aspiring acolyte of Valdr