The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idol Sacrifices - August Event Review
I think a good option for that would be to white headband when you sleep and have not only a marker but also a note on the tent? :0
A rotund kobold. 2ft tall. Often seen in a brown cloak. 

Jennifer Wood
As an... interesting sleeper, white headbands would end up across the tent and likely the field before too long. Maybe a tag on the zipper?
OOG: Will Hyland.

IG: Alfric Smith, musician, physician, barber, mortician. Listen for the sound of flirting and the smell of liquor.
Okay so I've been sitting on this review for awhile and will now add my two cents.

Pros:

- Wild Elf plot! So much fucking fun, and very pleased to see how deadly the NPC's play them.
- Making a necromancer eat his own necrotic blast, as well as burning my entire pyramid of healing spells into the undead horde friday night. This is what my character loves to do and what I built her to do and it felt GLORIOUS. 10/10 my best PC moment in the last year.
- Morningeist was EVIL and caught everyone off guard.
- Ramsey you are just simply amazing at what you do.
- Tavern is always great to have, and not every guild has one
- Loving all of the RP that people have been doing
- Hollander don't stop being you. From the before game brief on my PC to our interaction when my PC went to the Two Feather for information, you're a great story teller.
- Camping so deep in the woods I kept getting lost finding my own campsite
- Camping so far in the woods that the people who heard/knew about my camp were counted on 1 hand and they were like "YOU CAMPED THERE? JFC"
- Hearing someone shout Morty's here and rolling out of bed and diving into the woods before I was even awake.

Cons:

- Aforementioned tavern prices fluctuating, I get supply/demand but it makes it harder to actually plan you weekend
- Heard a few people got sick from tavern burgers, hopefully it's just a fluke. The two I had from fellow players were like half pink.
- Saturday seemed to be super slow. I barely saw any mods out except the occasional single monster or RP/personal mod. nothing to engage myself in.
- NPC's debating whether a strike counts as a hit. It's defenders call for abilities for a reason and if you try to sap someone while being half in front of them using a reach around and STILL hit their shoulder, just move on and keep the pace. Don't chide the player and make it seem like the player is being shitty.
- Poison Ivy, that shit sucks.
- Check swing guys, I get that being hit in the hand/head hurts. We've all been there. But try and control your temper a small bit, none of us are out there to hurt each other and when you yell or scream at someone to watch your swings it's a bit much.
- NPC's watch your movements as well, I've seen a growing trend of NPC's ducking their heads to the side or down when dodging attacks and getting hit with a swing meant for the chest.
- Plot continuity seemed a bit lacking, I know there's a master plan but I don't see it (which could be the point)
I had fun playing my Wild Elf assassin with the leather helmet on the Friday night. Being able to sneak around and attack players when they least expected it was quite fun. Lilith and Dexter got the largest brunt of the attacks but more than one PC was gotten. Was out on that role for almost 2 1/2 hours and loved it. Especially being hunted by Magnar and Lilith for almost half of it. Definitely one of the more fun roles I have ever played while NPCing.

Saving the Princess.....errr.....Lady Aminata. Adding her to the mix while the Mortigeist was out was a good touch. Getting her to safety was entertaining and not the easiest of tasks. Guh....Should have just fed her to him lol ;-)

Grymskald/Drakkon antics and the Lesser Bag of Wonder. Loved it. Brought on a wave of nostalgia from my first UW character. Better though. Einher feast was enjoyable

Enjoyed the Shattered Elves and Morty but too damned early after a late night. I was woken after 3 hours sleep by the Mortigeist entering the cabin and even answered here to the sense Elf call and didn't realize I wasn't playing Abatt until I got across the field to the treeline. Grrrrrr

The chaos caused by the Loom.......oh boy

Running into Kate again......totally unexpected. (Good job, Lucy :-) )

There's some more but the brain isn't cooperating so ta ta for now.
Older looking male Dwarf

OOG Name - Brad Stevens
Thumbs Up 
Personal Weekend Highlights
- Getting to lead the 2 new player parties, being put forth by my fellow adventurers as the "official" leader of the second party and being recognized for my leadership.
- Being able to perfectly distribute loot to all aforementioned adventurers for their parts
- Watching Drakkon and an mysterious unnamed wild elf pull off a absolutely perfect duo garrote ambush on a flesh merchants guards only for Gnar to epicly walk between them as the guards were getting dragged into the shadows to slay the distracted flesh merchant.
-Having Gnar convince us to watch a snake and a frog fight, betting on the snake to win only to have the frog make a stunning turn around on its last legs and Physically Engulf the snake and Gnar praising Daelrion because of the frogs' cunning.
-Getting Feared by a zombie, fleeing in terror only to come charging back meanwhile half my party is looking at me like I've gone mad. I chuckled.
- I gots me a new shiny shield  Cool
-I died Sad But it was all worth it making Mason hold on to the Reps from the corpse loot he snagged and watching him try and run away from Shattered Elves with an extra 2 swords and a shield. Heh heh heh Wink

The General Review;

Pros:
-OOG lighsticks in the Saturday night wild elf mod. Thank you so much shapers. A good portion of my mind is usually on the watch for people being hurt OOG in darkness due to my having very good night vision and not having that distraction really let me RP around the party and do my thang
-Multiple new player mods.  Again, thank you so much guys.
-I also really liked how the snakes den tied in a little more into the RP; (the snakes were biting farmers and poisoning them) that the town hired new adventurers for this is spot on (I've done a "clear out the vipers den" quest in so many MMORPG's/RPG's) so we had a reason rather then just obviously being thrown a bone.
-Einhar cultural games. Ingentium didn't take part/watch as he isn't a fan of Einish but nice touch guys, nice touch.
- Waking up, hearing the alternating sounds of running, death and battle and as slowly/quietly as I can put on all my armor (chainmail hauberk/gorget/greaves). The amount of suspense and dread Ingentium felt was intense. I probably looked at that tent flap kneeling with my sword out for a good 20 minutes after getting it all because I suspected an ambush.
-Actually getting to get into the thick of things and get proper stuck in due to a +5 Threshold and very generous Elemental casters empowering my swords  Big Grin  IS THIS HOW YOU FRONTLINERS ALWAYS FEEL!?
-This may have been a con for some but as a lover of history and medieval tactics I adored the "crush" of Saturday night's wild elf mod. So visceral. It was irritating but it felt so right.
-On the note of medieval tactics; congrats townsfolk ya'll are getting WAY better at forming ranks and holding the line. Special shout out to all my shield-bearer bro's for actually coming to the fore when the calls went out for shields.
-Meeting more new players so soon into my Underworld tenure and being able to get together a little adventuring party with them. Shout out to Olgeer and Suther.

Cons:
-I've heard a growing number of people pointing out poison ivy to me in various areas and with all the running around and hiding in the forest that folk seem to do the areas in which the Ivys are in is real shitty.
-Friday night's delay. I understand there was traffic but without knowing the reasons behind the delay it gets annoying that all of us already there have to suffer for it.
*-NPC's on Saturday nights event were very difficult to distinguish between OOG and in-game, it was extremely irritating at some points especially when an NPC (I'm fairly certain it was the same person) frequently is telling us that he's OOG with a boat-load of attitude behind it. There was an instance where an NPC was sitting at the edge of the brush on the path and a good 10 of us were staring at him in battle mode before someone poked him and he aggressively tells us we're out of game. Like come on man.

*This complaint is due mostly to the all enshrouding darkness. As mentioned in a previous review when its that dark all we can see (and I have fairly descent vision so I pity any who don't) are black possibly dangerous smudges against other, unknown, scary and possibly dangerous darkness.

- The caber breaking in two throws. My heart broke along with that log.
Human Templar
Caster of minor Protections magicks and Smith
Follower of Vesmir

He wears a quartered black and blue tabard and chainmail, is never too far from his trusty shield.

OOC: Aaron J Hanna
Glad that you were entertained by Kyle and I totally getting the drop of the guards and silently dragging them into the darkness without the merchant being aware of what was going on. :-)
Older looking male Dwarf

OOG Name - Brad Stevens
^ in game or oog. that was some expert level sneakiness and i am amazed not one hint of the drop was given on me. got back to npc camp and had a surprise to find my boys already back. XD
A rotund kobold. 2ft tall. Often seen in a brown cloak. 

Jennifer Wood