The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devices and over-using them
Because nothing states this I'd like to ask. I have a device that gives me +2 strength, 1 meltdown per activation. If I activated the device 10 times rapidly, could I take all the meltdowns at once but still gain the benefit?
Wizwik Leonard Voltsmith, A 3' tall green haired gnome dressed like a tinker'er wearing a top hat, wielding a body spear, and lots of devices strapped to his body, with a small Ruby necklace with a 7 toothed gear carved into it.

OOG: Shane Miller

Email : Mitoiworks@hotmail.com
The original write up for Gnomes which was adapted to the current rules included these rules for when you test for melt downs. The current rules in the frag book however do not reference this document.

Meltdown Timing:
A player must perform a meltdown test as soon as possible after using a device, and may when a device allows, perform the test while the device is in use. The effects of a meltdown will not trigger until after the use of the device is complete. A device may not be activated again until meltdown tests are complete.
I also have spent many happy years in Suvant.
For reference, Gnomes are now in the Appendix, on pages 16-17, because they are currently not a purchasable frag race.

Mine says "cannot be stacked with other devices/uses" or words to that effect. Other than that, I can't comment because I'm not a shaper/marshal.
Gnome Tinkerer, gold freckles and black, magenta and blue hair. Wears a tan cap, olive shirt and various devices. Probably sneezing.
OOG: Elaine, Jericho
E-mail: wong.yi.mun through gmail
"Each occurs one after the other, and must have Maintenance performed on them separately, if at all."

No, you can't use one Maintenance on a stack of Meltdowns. You must resolve each as they occur.
A petite wood fae in a corset and black velvet skirt. She wears a lot of gaudy jewellery and a wide-brimmed black hat. She speaks with a Received Pronunciation English accent.

OOC: Cat M.