The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A German Larping in Canada
Hi Guys!

My name is Mike, I'm 24 years old and I'll be studying in Canada (London, to be specific) for the months to come. Back home, I larped quite a lot and I'd love to do so here as well. However, I have some questions, as my "Infrastructure"  is quite thin here, as you can imagine (I came with 2 bags and nothing more Big Grin)

I am aware that there will be an event from 6/17 to 6/19, right? I'd love to participate, but I'm not really a fighter guy. However, I think I can be a pretty convincing priest. Is something lik this wanted, as in characters that do not fight but do need protection?

Furthermore, I'd need a place to sleep. I can organize a sleeping bag and some bedding, but I might need some help with a tent. I am more than happy to share a tent, however, I do not want to come off as demanding. Would that be a possibility?

Thanks a lot! I'd be happy to play along soon!
Best
Mike
Hey Mike! great to hear from you. We have a number of characters that focus on non-combat roles and the game world has an extensive religious pool to draw inspiration from! if you haven't yet take a look at the rule books underworldralinwood.ca should have the links to the rule books! as for your sleeping accommodations, our site has bunk houses that we rent out to our players if they desire. The price is 10 dollars for a bunk for the weekend and we also have a tavern that makes hot meals available for purchase! we also waive the game fee for first time players. So with all that in mind you could show up to game with your costume and 30 dollars and probably be able to live comfortably! Npc camp is also able to help outfit you if you are a first time player and weapon reps are available to rent for $5 for the weekend.

I hope that was helpful! if you have any other questions you can respond here or fire me an email or pm!
Owner - Tavernkeep - Forums Admin - Cat Herder
Email: ivanna@underworldralinwood.ca
Hi Ivanna, thank you so much for your reply!

I already sent an email for the bunk beds, however that was after my initial post. So I might have been a little too fast there Smile I do not think equipment will be a problem as I am able to throw together some basic garnments. It's some basic character anyways, so I should be fine. If not though I'd love to come back to that offer Smile

Good Idea with the religion pool - I will definetly have a look at that. I was thinking something along the lines of a GoT-inspired Lord of Light-esque religion. I'm sure to find something that will fit me.
Also, good to know you offer food on site.

Anyways, I'm happy to be here Smile
Best
Mike
Hey Mike,

A smarter man that I (Justin Hollander) pointed out we should invite you to the Cardboard Cafe social gathering we're having! The cardboard cafe's info is: https://www.facebook.com/thecardboardcafe/

We're meeting this coming Saturday, the 11th, at 7pm. There's going to be a reservation under the name 'Ralinwood'. I can help you out with new player logistics there as well! (Or you can send me an email).

On the off chance, since you're studying, I ran into a German fellow doing his PhD at one of the WARP (Western Association Event of Roleplayers) events. So, uh, small chance we've met? Maybe?
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
I already have last night Brent!
Brandon Slaa.
Branslaa at gmail.com
Unofficial Underworld Character Builder - Underworld Character Builder Download
Brandon wins this round it seems.
1 point to Brandon
Owner - Tavernkeep - Forums Admin - Cat Herder
Email: ivanna@underworldralinwood.ca
+1 Horse point Brandon
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys Smile I'll be sure to attend the meeting at saturday!
Meeting sounds so formal, I expect full business attire now!
Brandon Slaa.
Branslaa at gmail.com
Unofficial Underworld Character Builder - Underworld Character Builder Download