The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pool noodle crafting
So I've seen lots of guides suggesting I use pool noodles instead of pipe insulation in my boffers, but none of them have really answered a basic question I have... How do you secure the noodle to your core?

The couple youtube videos I've seen just have them sliding the noodle on the core and then securing it with a ring of tape at the bottom... and that's it. I don't know if that seems super durable or safe to me. What happens if the ring of tape keeping the noodle on breaks? When I use pipe insulation I use carpet tape up the length of the rod to make sure the foam is secure and will stay in place, but with pool noodles I don't see how you'd be able to slide the noodle on if there's tape present. 

Anywho, I'm still a noobie at boff crafting who doesn't know any better, so I thought I would ask the more experienced crafters how this material works? I'm working on a silver dagger right now and wasn't sure if I should use the noodle I have laying around.
-Valna-
A wildelf in simple clothing that wields a spear and tends to get herself into more trouble then she probably should.
"This is a chance for me to get back some of what I've lost."

~Player of Yaya the Orc Doctor
~Emily 'Em' McGarvey
Email: mythicfables(at)hotmail(dot)com
In order for our boffers to pass safety, they cannot twist on the core. So you would need to cut open the noodle, and double-side tape the core to the foam, like you do with pipe insulation. That being said, I do no recommend using a pool noodle. They are not a great quality and will break down way faster than pipe insulation. 

There are many tutorials available to you. 

Here is the one in this thread. 
http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums/showthread.php?tid=2183

And this one was created by one of our players and the head Armour and Weapons Marshal.
https://thelarplife.wordpress.com/2015/06/08/23-steps-to-make-a-boffer/
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca
Em we can set up a play date!!
                                  ~~~
River RedClaw, mother of way to many.
often seen hiding behind the group.
OOG: Tara
E-mail taradolson@gmail.com