Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tale of Armor purchasing woe
So, in preparation for game this month, I ordered myself a studded leather vest off of a website.

It's simple, it's studded, and it's cheap. Perfect startup armor. I liked the look of it, I liked the price of it, and they had it in my size. It finally arrived yesterday, just in time for the game! Only... it's waaaaaaaaaaaay smaller then the measurments  on the website claimed. They claimed it would fit up to a waist size 44", but I can not get the straps to close on it at all, even though my chest is smaller then that. Regardless of wether the straps close, the front and back panel are small on my frame and I don't think I would have gotten proper armor scores anyway. On top of that the duty fee's upon crossing the border almost doubled the price. Ouch.

So! Now I don't know what to do with it. I called their support number, and they couldn't help me at all. I could return it, but the shipping costs would mean I'd make no money back. I can ship it back to them for an exchange to a larger size, but they'll only pay the shipping if they measure it and determine the sizing on the website is wrong. If they decide the measurements are fine, I'm stuck with the bill of shipping it back to me with another duty charge as it crosses the border a second time.

So I don't know what to do with it now. It is a decent piece of new armor, but I can't wear it. My sister fits in it, but she doesn't think she'll be using a leather vest. I could exchange it, but that's a gamble and possibly a money sink. So I could use some advise on what I should do with it.

This also means I'm once again without an armor rep for game. If it comes down to it I have my bracers I can wear to game and just skip on the vest this month, but it sucks to have spent so much time and money on this thing already and I've nothing to show for it.

Does anyone think it might be possible to trade it or sell it to someone it might fit on? Maybe there are some local-ish leather crafters that might do a trade with me for something I can actually wear? My sister and I skinned a leather couch last week so I have some larger pieces of leather I can trade as well. 

At the very least if somebody could loan me a vest for this event that would be a big help.

Thanks so much!
-Valna-
A wildelf in simple clothing that wields a spear and tends to get herself into more trouble then she probably should.
"This is a chance for me to get back some of what I've lost."

~Player of Yaya the Orc Doctor
~Emily 'Em' McGarvey
Email: mythicfables(at)hotmail(dot)com
I have a belt thingie I can loan you.. it covers my lower abs and belly area...
Its 34 inches by 6 inches
~*~*~

Prawl: a shy quite Wild elf often seen in the woods.

Medical Marshal
OOG: Tara
email: taradolson@gmail.com
It gets tired up with Ribben so there is no worries about it being to small.
~*~*~

Prawl: a shy quite Wild elf often seen in the woods.

Medical Marshal
OOG: Tara
email: taradolson@gmail.com
Bring it to game and I might buy it if it fits me? That's about all I've got, I'm afraid.
A petite wood fae in a corset and black velvet skirt. She wears a lot of gaudy jewellery and a wide-brimmed black hat. She speaks with a Received Pronunciation English accent.

OOC: Cat M.
Thanks both of you, I'll take any help I can get.
-Valna-
A wildelf in simple clothing that wields a spear and tends to get herself into more trouble then she probably should.
"This is a chance for me to get back some of what I've lost."

~Player of Yaya the Orc Doctor
~Emily 'Em' McGarvey
Email: mythicfables(at)hotmail(dot)com