Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild-Elf Tattoos
So, as it is my second game with Ralinwood coming up, it's time I had a permanent tattoo design for my wild-elf character(thankyou to the shapers for being lenient with me as a new player). Tattoo's were discussed in character and it's likely that Valna received one between game sessions, so now it's now a matter of picking what tattoo that will be for next game! 

What I wore for half the weekend were simple blue battle-paint markings, and while those are fun, I don't think those should be my tatts but just simple facepaint my character can apply before a big battle. For my actual wild-elf tattoo I was thinking something celt-ish on my forhead centered on the bridge of my nose. I've been looking at Dalish tattoo's from dragonage for inspiration, and while those are close, they're a little too large and elaborate then what I'm looking for.

I was curious if there was any in-game canon reasoning/meaning/symbolism for the tats that the elves have? There's plenty of spiritual beings and magical powers in the game one would make symbols for, so I'm curious if there's any resource for that, or whether it's all entirely up to the player to provide their own meanings and markings? While I like the freedom to do whatever I like, there's also alot of fun in having a symbol that ties more into in-game lore or is maybe something other players may recognize. Just wondering!

Any help for resources or inspiration for nice tattoo options would be much appreciated. ^_^
-Valna-
A wildelf in simple clothing that wields a spear and tends to get herself into more trouble then she probably should.
"This is a chance for me to get back some of what I've lost."

~Player of Yaya the Orc Doctor
~Emily 'Em' McGarvey
Email: mythicfables(at)hotmail(dot)com
YAY more wilders!

My Prawl has a simple line going down her face, but I will be adding a Fox print to her cheek as well.
Remember with makeup- you wanna go simple so it is easy to reapply- it will wipe/sweat off though out the day.
I have been told Wilders get tattoo's with meaning behind them- a sign of what they have done, or whom they have become.
Some Wilders get tattoos for great battles, others for life journeys. Its all up to you as to what you want it to be.
~*~*~

Prawl: a shy quite Wild elf often seen in the woods.

Medical Marshal
OOG: Tara
email: taradolson@gmail.com
Okay, I think I have a good idea of what tattoo I'd like to go with, so now the question is, how best to wear it? Does anyone have any decent suggestions for what makeup to use that is easy to apply, will survive the event, and not be a pain to remove afterwards? I've heard mascara pencil sticks are a good option, decently resistant to sweat and easy to do touchups with. Of course there's always permanent marker, but I'm not sure how long that will last and how difficult it is to remove? I'm hoping to pick my makeup soon so I can test it out on my skin a couple days before the event.
-Valna-
A wildelf in simple clothing that wields a spear and tends to get herself into more trouble then she probably should.
"This is a chance for me to get back some of what I've lost."

~Player of Yaya the Orc Doctor
~Emily 'Em' McGarvey
Email: mythicfables(at)hotmail(dot)com
Waterproof liquid eyeliner. Not water resistant, but waterproof.

If you have time to buy online, tattoo pens are also a great option.
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca