Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished costume wondering if it passes
Hey guys, I've finished my outfit for the upcoming event. I'm new to all of this so  just wondering if it passes. PS no boots aloud in the house :p

[Image: 20150701_150759.jpg]

[Image: 20150701_150818.jpg]
A young man wearing leather armour. A sword at his side and bow over his shoulder.
For a first time costume it looks good. 

If you have time, I would try to mask, or remove the zipper on your bag, and anywhere else one may be noticeable. 
This is not a requirement, but modern items such as zippers can immediately break peoples immersion, and pull them right back into the real world, so we try to avoid them as much as possible. 

Also, I can't see the collar on your shirt, but keep in mind that edges were generally rough, or at least not very well finished as modern day clothes are. If you want to take it the extra mile, may I recommend punching some holes in your collar to make it tie up. 
Again, not a requirement, but it is fun to have everyone look like they came right out of a history book, or Game of Thrones.

Here is a video tutorial on how to make a very rough, very amateur medieval style shirt. For the quick fix, it works well. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaH6v70h3ys
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca
Really sharp look! I look forward to shooting with you!
What does your bow pull?

and it looks pretty cool.
                                  ~~~
River RedClaw, mother of way to many.
often seen hiding behind the group.
OOG: Tara
E-mail taradolson@gmail.com
What is that you used for your quiver, a golf bag? It's brilliant. Most real-archery-sized quivers are way too small for boffer arrows. That's a fantastic solution.
Thanks for the tips, I hid the zippers last night and my collar was cut in the same way. The quiver is a golf bag, it works great, there is plenty of room in the bottom and the arrows haven't fallen out yet while running about. Also the bow is 27 lb
A young man wearing leather armour. A sword at his side and bow over his shoulder.
That's a cool bow. The golf bag is a fantastic idea. I wonder if we'll see more of those. Tongue
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.