Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drying out & Warming Up (11/18/14)
Dex sits at the tavern. His clothing has been dried out and re-donned and he sits with a hot mug at one of the tables across from Kare, "So tell me mate, where the 'ell am I?"
-Kare was with him to help get him inside- "Welcome to Ralinwood lad, ya picked a good time to wash ashore, Hallows is passed and hopefully a good winter is before us...Name is Kare Rosner, forgot to introduce myself"
A man in brown hooded robe walks with a staff
"Pleasure to meet you." He says with a friendly smile, "Ralinwood, eh? Well, glad I missed the 'Hallows on land, but it's not much better at sea friend. Regardless, I'm happy to be alive."
"Glad I got to ya when ya did...last thing anyone wants is more death on the land...So ye be a sailor then I take it?"
"A privateer, you could say. Specifically, I am- rather - was a rigger. The bloke who climbs and ties the ropes. I was blown from the rigging a couple days ago during a storm. I guess I'm pretty lucky I washed up here and wasn't eaten by sharks." Dex takes a long drink as he finishes his story, "But my life isn't that interesting. How are things around here?"
"Personally I tend to stay away from Sea Travel...cant swim and get sea sick easy...only did it once and that was my way here...But things here have calmed down a bit, although we have our problems just like any other place....but we are unfortunately less fortified. This is a new settlement run by thre...well one lord and a lady that govern the area...we can get into that later...I see ye be carrying axes...hope yer good with them lad, plenty of fightin' be done in these lands.....oh and if ya go explorin'....stay away from the Blood Moon tribe....dont know really the cause for why they hate Humans so much...something about loosing their ears...but ya steer clear of them fukers....there be a lot more goin on but dont wish ta scare ya off the island"
"Kare, mate, it takes a lot more than some angry elves to scare me." Dex looks down to his axe, which he pulls out of it's holster and lays it on the table, "This ol' thing? This is just me boarding axe, mate. Nothing more useful... well, except maybe this guy-" Dex reaches under the table to his leg and draws out a long, slim knife from a scabbard. He raises it enough to show Kare but immediately holsters it again, "If you got man nor beast that you need to be rid of, I'm your man, mate. Besides, I owe 'ya a favor at least now, seeing as you could have easily left me in the cold dirt."
"Lad I would be a poor excuse for a Doctor if I left ye out there to die...but it be good to know ya can handle yerself lad. For the Favour, how about we be friends and call it that, Friends help Friends" -Kare extends his hand-
Dex extends his own hand and clasps it around Kares, shaking it firmly, "Friends it is then." He picks up his axe and places it in its holder and turns back to his new friend, "I guess now I've not much to do with me life now. Perhaps there is a place I could stay nearby? And possibly someplace I can get meself a tent?"
"Hmmmm...Well I bet if ya talk with the Lord and Lady, they can best get ya set up with something...there are a couple camps around these parts that ye could probably talk to about findin' a place to stay...but just be fair to warn ya....there always be drama between the camps"