The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up a leather cloth (6:00pm 10/29)
Grimnir walks into the tavern and sets a leather gameboard on the table, marked in an 11x11 grid and a bag of pieces down beside it, staring at it and smiling.

"Hnefatal, glad I found my set..."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
An Einish Male of Clan Bothnia. 
-kare walks into the tavern and see's Grimnir and his board game- "Huh...what ya got there Grimnir?" he takes a seat next to him
A man in brown hooded robe walks with a staff
"An Einish game, Hnefatal." Grimnir gestures to the board. "Think of chess, but much harder."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
"....Hmm....never heard of it...Chess but harder...sounds interesting, what makes it harder? the rules?"
"The attacker has 24 pieces, the defender possesses 12 and the king. All pieces can move any amount of squares in a straight line." He draws his finger from left to right on the board, then to the top and bottom. "To capture, you must flank your foe. The corners are an area only the king may go, as he must get there to escape, the center square is the throne. It cannot be occupied by an attacker. The goal is simple. Capture the king, or the king must escape."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
"Huh...that does sound interesting, maybe some time we can play, for now...I need a drink" -orders a weak drink-
*Aminata enters the tavern and looks at the board, the smirks at Grimnir*

"I see you are trying to teach Kare this... game...?"
Governor Miss Aminata Gomorrah, Daughter of House Gomorrah of the Council of Twelve, Governor of Ralinwood.
High elf female, blonde hair, blue or brown shoulder bag, red and black scarf on her belt, typically in a long skirt.
((OOG: Ivanna, Coffee half French Vanilla))
"Not teaching." Grimnir chuckling, "Ensuring I have all my pieces."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
*Vidar enters the tavern. He notices Grimnir and sits across from him* Evening Grimnir. Is that what I think it is?
Einher
OOG Erik Koudys
"An old gameboard that no one down this south but us would recognize!"
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver