Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relaxing at the tavern (TS Sept 23rd at dusk)
"Aye very well said, but we have many problems with the elf clans already, I'd rather not potentially anger the friendly ones. Could we perhaps use the wood we have in bountiful supply and reinforce it with metals or leathers?" Callum comments.
A lightly armored einish man. He has neck length brown braided hair and is clad in a black leather tunic and a kilt of Lofoten colours.

"Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position."

OOG name: Jake Ruble
Email: jake.ruble@hotmail.com
"Costly." Grimnir sits and stares at the diagram. "Why not rig the weak spot with traps."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
An Einish Male of Clan Bothnia. 
*Rolin nods in agreement* "Traps are a good way to stem the tide, but we need to think about the future. We need to try to work on a way to an agreement with the tribes.
*Rolin looks to Callum* "You are right, I definitely think that is our long term solution... reinforcing the structural points with metal, and extra columns... but that will take time and money. Short term, dropping some posts of the good wood, or perhaps for now if we can't find a solution, dropping double posts and lashing them together might be our solution. We need to discuss this with the farmers."
Callum scratches his head, "I don't think becoming reliant of the local tribes be a good thing lad, We should try and be self sufficient. Otherwise the settlement will be doomed to fail anyways".
A lightly armored einish man. He has neck length brown braided hair and is clad in a black leather tunic and a kilt of Lofoten colours.

"Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position."

*Rolin chuckles* "My friend, we need to ensure a relationship where they rely on us as much as we rely on them. Building that foundation is key to everything we wish to do in the future."
"Aye but right now it seems we have nothing to offer them and them everything to offer us. Become to dependent and we have failed in starting up a functional settlement. Sometimes it be best to figure stuff out with our own strengths then depend on an ally even if ye own solutions not be as good. There's honor in standing by ye own accomplishments made with ye own two hands."

"Callum my friend, a politician, you would never make." *He says with a warm smile and a wink.* "Agreed currently as it stands we are helmet in hand. This is why we need to see the farmers. We need to see what they are willing to give up, what is it that safety means to them. For them to receive, they must also give."
*Seems to just be watching the conversation happen, with a puzzled expression*
Einher
OOG Erik Koudys
*Rolin turns to Brennus.*
"What has been your experience so far in working with the two tribes?"
*brennus takes a long swallow from his tankard*
Surprisingly amiable. The two feathers are the more understanding of the two tribes but the blood moon are not entirely unreasonable. I have a signed proposition from myself and elder frost from the two feathers, before the lord's council as we speak. The blood moon elder sloe I spoke to was unconvinced by my proposalbut swears if the lords are willing he will not stop my proposition from being brought before his tribe.
Elderly Human man wearing a long grey coat over chainmaille.