Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staring at two stone disks (( Sept/14 5:00pm ))
"Inhibits necromantic magic? How?"
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
An Einish Male of Clan Bothnia. 
Osprey

"How? Well that is a good question. I have yet to read a book on the matter but I could certainly speculate... Necromantic magic could be said to be opposite to the energy of life. I would guess that the barrier stones use the bearer's life force to fill the surrounding area with a kind of healing energy, thereby causing destructive interference to some of the necromantic energy flowing into our plane."
*He claps his hands.*
"And therefore less powerful undead. Locally anyway. Also speculation. My mage training only focused on battle magic. I have very limited knowledge of the ritual magics."
*Aminata accepts the drink from Sven with a smile and a wink, takes a drink and turns her attention to Osprey*

"So... they can stop the undead from raising a corpse in their vicinity maybe? Or is it more like if the sacrifices surround a necromancer he's rendered impotent...?"
Governor Miss Aminata Gomorrah, Daughter of House Gomorrah of the Council of Twelve, Governor of Ralinwood.
High elf female, blonde hair, blue or brown shoulder bag, red and black scarf on her belt, typically in a long skirt.
((OOG: Ivanna, Coffee half French Vanilla))
*Sven raises his eyebrows in the traditional "bedroom eyes" manner at Aminata and continues to listen*
*walks in. Walks over and take a seat.* hello all.
OOG: Aaron C (callumhas@gmail.com)
Osprey

"Oh no, it would do nothing against directed necromantic energy. It just would interfere with residual... you have read Eidolon's Analysis of All Hallows Alignments yes?"
What ya all talking about?
OOG: Aaron C (callumhas@gmail.com)
"My main concern is. Will I be able to defend myself and protect the settlement."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver
Osprey

"If you are wearing it most certainly. Bearer's fight for their tribe in the tales often. If the stones work as the legends say then the bearer's would be doing a double duty for the settlement, at their own risk."
Grimnir smiles and looks to the stones, "Then perhaps this is why I was led down a path of darkness to find a glimmer of light."
~*~*~*~
Matthew Weaver