The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/printthread.php 16 require_once

Underworld Ralinwood Forums
Event Review - Many Hands Make Light Work (February 2020 Tavern Night) - Printable Version

+- Underworld Ralinwood Forums (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums)
+-- Forum: Out Of Game Forums (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Community (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Event Review - Many Hands Make Light Work (February 2020 Tavern Night) (/showthread.php?tid=5027)

Event Review - Many Hands Make Light Work (February 2020 Tavern Night) - Ivanna - 02-23-2020

Thank you everyone who came out to tonight's tavern night event "Many Hands Make Light Work"! It was a fun night and we hoped you liked all the games and RP. Big thank you to the whole team for their hard work! And congrats to town for their good work with the farms!

And without further ado... Tell us your thoughts! What did you like, what needs improvements, what are your favourite memories?

Any concerns or major complaints, please feel free to email contact@underworldralinwood.ca to speak to the Owners (myself and Dan) directly.

RE: Event Review - Many Hands Make Light Work (February 2020 Tavern Night) - Wieland Winterbourne - 02-23-2020

I'M DOING A FORUM REVIEW!

Do people still do that? Or is it all on facebook now? Shut up, I'm old.

This was the first time playing a brand new character in... quite awhile. It's also the first time I've been back to RW in far too long. I enjoy the looks of surprise at my return, as if I'd either come to burn the place down, or had been hired it ruin characters lives.

I've always had a soft spot for the Ralinwood atmosphere, and I really can't figure out how to describe it. The players always seem eager to get involved with someone, damn near anything. And not due to boredom, but a sort of vibe you only get with newer players - Let's go do stuff! Let's talk to stuff! And I don't react to it in a cynical way, which is quite rare.

I'm also a fan of your team. They seem engaging, and eager to tell stories. I haven't had one encounter where one of my hairbrained schemes was immediately shot down. Instead, it is considered, ruminated upon. Character advocacy and all that, and not a feeling that nothing will come of it. Get out of it what you put in, within reason. I like that.

I found the event enjoyable. If there was overplot, I have absolutely no idea what it was. Things felt on time, people seemed content to talk amongst themselves or break into spontaneous punch-spilling fights, and of course, the obligatory undead. I haven't been able to NOT hurt an undead in like 7 years. WHAT THE HELL DAN.

Either way, would return as Wieland. Fantastic break from Ostrozne, which I didn't realize I needed. Need to juggle the serious zealot with something more laid back and fun, or I absolutely become that grumpy old player.

I was about to make a self aggrandizing comment about enjoying myself despite being the longest playing character in your guild, but then I had a pang of feeling quite old, and will now have some popcorn.

Anywho, budget permitting, I'll return for the Tavern night, perhaps the day mod (location pending. Bah), and may even be able to come for individual days during the summer. Thanks for the good time, well worth the money.

RE: Event Review - Many Hands Make Light Work (February 2020 Tavern Night) - Wieland Winterbourne - 02-23-2020

Oh yes, and a special shout out to Mari, for splitting the difference on a typo, and to Jay for outright surprising me.