The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Review - Drown with the Sickness (July 2019 Weekend)
Good game everyone. Lots of things happened this weekend, which we hope you got to enjoy, and congrats on figuring out the thing! Thank you our to NPC team for their tireless hard work.

And without further ado... Tell us your thoughts! What did you like, what needs improvements, what are your favourite memories? Let us know! If the feedback is positive enough, we'll see about running this kind of event again in the nearer future.

Any concerns or major complaints, please feel free to email contact@underworldralinwood.ca to speak to the Owners (myself and Dan) directly.
Owner - Tavernkeep - Forums Admin - Cat Herder
Email: ivanna@underworldralinwood.ca
I'm just going to say this one thing. I loved the doppleganger mod I ended up in. The puzzels where cool and I had fun with the others who were there.
I had eaten some of Gretchen's candy before it all happened, but that just made it so much more Interesting. Being charmed to the first person you see after 10 minutes? Of course I saw the Fae first.
To the PCs who were around to help me after that you were AMAZING and I love you all.
Plus seeing the consequences of what happened right at the end of the game was just the cherry on top.
I might be inflating it a bit but that mod was honestly my favorite part of the whole weekend.
~Cassian Yor
Many thanks to the plot team/NPCs/etc... for all the hard work they put into the event.

Pros:
  • Sybil was absolutely amazing. The reactions of the people on the mod, trying to figure out what she's communicating via divine pictionary, then walking back into town with Sureeta was unreal. Costume was great, RP was great, overall I'm so happy I could be there for that. Ralinwood doesn't get a whole lot of global tier stuff so this was super exciting.
  • "Since when is Ll'yandra the goddess of extortion?"
  • I really enjoyed playing Hazel the Vitki. Yoshi and Ange did super amazing makeup, and the RP was absolutely phenomenal. Addressing Oliver and Shark as a pair was really interesting and the private chat I had with Oliver afterwards was 10/10. Also playing the Snelf who just got to lie in a field while town panicked was the role I was born to play.
  • My cabin, as usual, is swell as fuck. Great RP all event.
  • Nel and Rykkin both getting lollipops that made them feel sadistic for the duration of eating it was a riot. I legitimately thought that I'd take a death for having to suddenly go from "that one kind of grumpy Ice Elf who doesn't follow Pandora" to "oh she's definitely doing some Pandora shit over there". Instead people barely noticed until we were both already covered in blood and trying to convince others to try the candy too.
  • Frost was a really fun NPC to talk to. I didn't really know what the point of that party was but I had fun accidentally sliding right back into extra-planar politics before I realized what I was doing.
  • The mod with Sunny was hilarious. Started with Nel vs. Sunny ft. An Actual OOG Chair™ and ended with Nel declaring that she was willing to die if it took out all the other players in the room with her.

Cons:
  • It has been 0 events since somebody has incorrectly stolen an item.
  • I did not like the poison/disease mechanic. It felt needlessly complicated, NPCs didn't seem to also be affected by it, and there are many similar but more straightforward rulebook effects that give a similar "we're all sick" feel but don't require custom rulings and confusion.
  • The spiders that attacked the camps did not have any loot. Apparently that was because the NPCs were sent to get people moving but only had enough loot for their pops on the mod site, but it's really shitty to unload your skills trying to save your pal from 3 spiders and none of them have anything. RIP my decap.
  • Event was really oddly paced. Sometimes it felt like nothing was happening for hours, or that it was only small mods for a certain audience. Sometimes it felt like a bunch of town mods were happening in quick succession. I found myself really bored for the entire event despite trying to go on mods when I saw a hook out. I think I did maybe 4-5 the whole weekend.
  • Redcaps are fun and fine and dandy but maybe also send out some stuff without magic thresholds at night? It was fun to have an actual scary fight in the evening but then nothing much else came out so me and my normal sword just twiddled my thumbs.
  • Lighting mod sites more/putting glowsticks around hazards would be nice. It's been an issue pretty often in Ralinwood where nobody can see anything, especially in the woods/when its overcast. A few well placed glowsticks could help. Or just floodlights. I dunno. I'm night blind. Let me see.
See y'all next month when Ori comes back and finds her Guard Captain is dead, her resurrection circle vanished in the night, and she missed the appearance of an actual legit goddess.
Ori Moran: A purple feathered Avian with a red hat who carries a black and white shield. She has three Shadow Marks over one eye and a scar through the other.

Nelinha: Some asshole Ice Elf. Has a bright red hooded scarf and a black winged brooch.

OOG: Alex Heintz - NPL - Official Ralinmeme Maker
Pros:
Spider Cave Mod - Fear inducing, casualties were had, but still a possible win outcome
Sybil
The Sybil game (Well organized Rowan and Colton)
Pool
Astrid (Angela)
Jada's NPC RP, especially the Einher during the Ice Cream competition
Hazel the Vitki
The Moot
The Jarl Fight

Cons:
Shattered Elf mod was extremely lackluster
NPCs not seeming to be taking the affect that PCs were afflicted with
Larger NPC creatures not having loot
WHERE WAS FENRIR?!
NPCs constantly not taking skills
NPCs taking my combat voice as me yelling at them OOG when I try and remind them that they took a skill, then proceeding to yell at me or sass me back
Einher
OOG Erik Koudys
Sooooo happy so many people  liked the escape room mod! Big Grin I put a lot of effort into those so when people really like them it makes me feel it was all worth it!
Jenn Wood.
Email only.
Please do NOT contact me here, or on facebook.
Pretty sure that was our tent that was broken. Lil disappointed by that.
(07-30-2019, 08:02 AM)Fjord Genvalur Wrote: Pretty sure that was our tent that was broken. Lil disappointed by that.
no another tent in crossroads yours was the second.
Ah ok, still tho xD
The good:

- A complex story involving getting the whole town together to get it solved was awesome. I personally truly enjoyed that. The sickness plot was one that I watched a lot of people work hard to solve. It was awesome.
- Some very emotional moments with the Einher, which was awesome.
- I actually lost a leg! That was fun xD

The bad:

- People do need to be more mindful of the tents when running around. Someone likely tripped on one of our tents at Forgemane and broke a pole. I am doubtful we will be able to find a replacement, but here's to hoping.
- Thin loot: this weekend was a tough one for gaining resources.

Great game though, despite the heat and some sickness I had a lot of fun.
Just come in to say as former monster marshal :

Not every creature will have loot, nor if it does have loot will it be good. The monsters NOT should be about the loot but the danger and challenge they give. Some monsters give loot only when they have been skinned. Some monsters are so trash they aren't worth of loot.

Now that that has been said:
Up statted creatures and creatures that have over 80 body should have appropriate items that they drop.
A cave spider is a formidable foe.
A redcap is a formidable foe.
A ghoul is a formidable foe
A goblin is not
A creeper vine is not.
A bandit is not

But but
I got

From a redcap 1 gold coin
From 2 cave spiders: nothing
From a ghoul: nothing

From a goblin: 3 alchemies
From a creeper vine: 5 rm
From a bandit: a stiletto 1 gold 1 silver and junk.....(o god)

Again loot is nice and should be earned.
But it should be there to earn.

Also ps. Shut up Matty goblins arnt that great.

I'll be posting a much more comprehensive review later. Not while I stuff my face
Good, Bad  either way im the guy with the Gasglobe. .

Wildelf (Baby) male, seen dressed in leathers and Green and black attire. Im fancier than you.
House of I
Wardens

CO HEAD NPL.

(OOG :JUSTIN HOLLANDER)
jj.hollander59@gmail.com