The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lore of The Land.
Has anyone, or considered, writing out the History of Ralinwood? It would ve really cool just as something to read plus it would be good for new players as they could "know what they're getting into" as well as use it to make their own character's backstory or even just follow along in some conversations.

For example, I heard alot about an orc(forgot the name), who became a minotar, who died, who was then summoned as an angel of baaagh via fust fight.
Another, on the more knowledge, is when Lilith showed up at the crossroads. I had no idea who she was for a long time and didn't realky know how to react so I just defaulted to how Id talk with most other characters.
~Cassian Yor
This is probably something that should be tackled on an in game level. Some past characters were very polarizing figures (like Lilith) so learning about them from different people that knew them would give you VERY different perspectives. Posting on the notice board about your character wanting to learn more about the history or about specific figures would probably be a great way for people to start coming forward. I know a few who have wanted to work on preserving past members of town more and it could lead to efforts being made on a character level to chronicle more of our PC's lives.

For example, my PC would be able to clarify the orc you mentioned is actually two different orcs! Their stories seem to have been combined either in the explaining or in your memory. He also knew Lilith reasonably well, but on the other hand I have very little knowledge compared to others of those that came before since it all depends on who played with them!

So yeah others are of course free to weigh in but for now this sounds like more of an IG venture than something that folks would wanna undertake OOG, for the time being at least.
IG: A human man in a crow skull mask, grey stole, and black clerical vestments. Occasionally carries an iron or silver dagger, but more often seen without any visible weapons or amour to speak of.

OOG: Danny Heintz, he/him. Transmasc in progress, please disregard mine bræsts. 

So, there's a small document in the file section of the Ralinwood facebook page called "Ralinwood.pdf" and it includes a very little bit of the history of town. While a full lore package might be a sound idea (which I will bring up to the NPL team), PCs are very unlikely to be included in it.

It is the job of other PCs to carry on the legacy of their pals who have gone on to grander (or more hellish) things, be it through story, written accounts or whatever. Notable NPCs are good to know but nobody arrives in Ralinwood knowing that there's a wood fae turned demon that sometimes comes out to party. That's something that PCs have to warn you about in game, or not as the case may be. This also allows for stories to grow and change over time. I've heard 3 different wildly inaccurate accounts of my last character's retirement. Me providing a lore snippet about her and Lilith would detract from the natural passage of information.

tl;dr: Danny is right and anything PC related is likely to be in game. I will investigate making a lore package about NPCs though.
Ori Moran: A purple feathered Avian with a red hat who carries a black and white shield. She has three Shadow Marks over one eye and a scar through the other.

Nelinha: Some asshole Ice Elf. Has a bright red hooded scarf and a black winged brooch.

OOG: Alex Heintz - NPL - Official Ralinmeme Maker
Maked sense, I just ment like have a thing that covers the Lore, not necessarily the PC stories but things like, the Einher wars, or the whole Ajaunti magic thing, or why thibgs are the way they are.

In regards to PCs, maybe there could be something where if someone does something REALLY big or noteworthy, have like an 'Obelisk' or something that gives, Name, Race, and a quick why they're there. So like if someone saved the town but had their Finak Death because of it it would say...

Stan Right, Human.
Gave up his life so others may live.

It would spark conversations, new players would see it and ask who people aew and what they did, and it would give a whole new depth to the town while keeping these "greats" imortalized.
~Cassian Yor
A few people have actually discussed the monument idea, so that might show up in the future! I'll have to take a look at the document Alex mentioned to see if it's up to date on general town lore. If so that sounds like what you're looking for. More global stuff (Einher war, Aja and their curse, etc) will be up in the racial areas of the wiki when it's complete I'm guessin. I know the Einher one already has a spot for it to be filled in. Those things affect Ralinwood PCs, but the history is more universal to all guilds than what's specifically happened in and around Ralinwood.

I do hope they finish more of the history and lore stuff soon, it would be nice to give folks a lore primer for the events that their characters would have lived through and/or been aware of.
IG: A human man in a crow skull mask, grey stole, and black clerical vestments. Occasionally carries an iron or silver dagger, but more often seen without any visible weapons or amour to speak of.

OOG: Danny Heintz, he/him. Transmasc in progress, please disregard mine bræsts. 

We only has the information the wiki gives us unless we know a person who has been playing long enough that they know the plot. Unfortunately a lot of historical events and changes are left out and we have to try and fill in the blanks by playing broken telephone with other players.

If you ever have questions you can try asking on the global facebook page for what the common knowledge is surrounding a topic and people can fill in what they know.
Ori Moran: A purple feathered Avian with a red hat who carries a black and white shield. She has three Shadow Marks over one eye and a scar through the other.

Nelinha: Some asshole Ice Elf. Has a bright red hooded scarf and a black winged brooch.

OOG: Alex Heintz - NPL - Official Ralinmeme Maker
(10-08-2018, 03:48 PM)Carrion Wrote: This is probably something that should be tackled on an in game level. Some past characters were very polarizing figures (like Lilith) so learning about them from different people that knew them would give you VERY different perspectives. Posting on the notice board about your character wanting to learn more about the history or about specific figures would probably be a great way for people to start coming forward. I know a few who have wanted to work on preserving past members of town more and it could lead to efforts being made on a character level to chronicle more of our PC's lives.

For example, my PC would be able to clarify the orc you mentioned is actually two different orcs! Their stories seem to have been combined either in the explaining or in your memory. He also knew Lilith reasonably well, but on the other hand I have very little knowledge compared to others of those that came before since it all depends on who played with them!

So yeah others are of course free to weigh in but for now this sounds like more of an IG venture than something that folks would wanna undertake OOG, for the time being at least.

Really? I heard from the Crossroads and others that is was someone named Acriam or something 
Though I might be splicing with Nar, who ended up a hell hound by accident.
~Cassian Yor