The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Review: Come what May
This review is from the perspective of a first ever time player. Please forgive any ignorance as to the greater amount of activities available as this is presented through the scope of an player with a limited understanding for mechanics, quest opportunities and money making ventures.

Pros
1-Everyone is REALLY helpful, seriously guys thanks a lot for helping me and my friend Curtis/"Arundale" to understand things
2- I really appreciated Sir Flow's job offer to protect the life of an elf maiden who was also new. It gave me a real sense of direction and a lot more engagement and immersion and motivated me to interact more often with the other powerful players that my character would otherwise not ever approach on a basis of martial respect.
3-Seemed like there is ALOT to do. This was a pro as-well as a con because 80%-90% seem EXTREMELY far beyond my talents.
4-ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS. But seriously I love those guys, shout out to the Warboss for your patience and cunning. My character loves your guys' camaraderie.
5-CHAMP. Dude your RP is hilarious. Nicknaming my PC "Inch" because his is too hard to say. "Learning" how to cast spell by wearing a wizard hat. You ARE the CHAMP.
6-Elven party. Getting sloshed on Elven wine and watching Lord Flow slowly drug any unsuspecting person that came to the party with -25 stamina liquor berries for his own amusement. Having to stumble around looking for a Cleanser so I could leave and do glorious battle was an interesting trial.
7-The Brood Invasion. How only the bravest or fool hardiest of the townsfolk dared venture out to face them. Annoyed the hell out of my character who disparaged their cowardice but OOG knowing Brood details I enjoyed the real trepidation and dread the other PC's had at the sight of Brood eggs/news of a Brood Queen.
8-The 1st mage tower reward (specifically the elemental blade)! It was really really nice to get a small, brief taste of what being more powerful is like! Was able actually assist in slaying an earth elemental lord (in the 2nd tower mod) with a lightning blade so that was a real highlight.
9- Inflicting the final blow on and slaying a Church of Lighter. Arrogant bastards D:<

Cons
1-PC's need some "military training"; need to learn how to get in formation and how to flank
2-There need to be more new player only mods. (Unless I missed them) There was the 1 with rats and that was REALLY enjoyable to feel like I was actually doing something other then Refitting heavy hitters in fights.
3-Kind of attached to the above point; in the new player introduction we were told about "yellow-arm band monsters", deleveled monsters for us new people to fight. I did not see a single one of these types of monsters the entire weekend. Again this may have been my own fault, but I feel I was fairly active so I'm going to point it out. One of the other reviewers mentions this about the higher level monsters being alienating and yeah, it really was.
4-Rich, powerful warriors expecting healers and blacksmiths to be on top of their needs in fights and then not rewarding them in any way, shape or form (coin,items/mats, favor) but getting pissed if we don't show up. If you want to retain talent then reward those of us that are vigilant folks. This isn't everyone but it's prolific enough for me to bring it up.

Over all my friend Curtis/"Arundale Ironstrider" (who was also brand new) and I both enjoyed ourselves and we will be back!
Number 4 is an issue you should address IG. Not up to the Shapers and Owners to see to it that people pay you for services rendered or how those people treat you IG.

Number 3......there will be creatures that inexperienced beings are meant to not fight. Run Fight Hide is a motto of the game for a reason. As stated before, even at level 22 I walked away from creatures that I was ineffective against.

Number 2......everyone in the game pays their money to play the game so should be able to enjoy mods just like anyone else. There are mods that the higher level players are told that they can not go on so have to sit out. The Owners and Plot team attempt to entertain as many players as possible throughout a weekend so can not catered too heavily to one end of the spectrum or the other.

Number 1 is again an IG problem and not that of the Shapers and Owners to fix. Be proactive through RP with others and take the initiative to achieve what you are seeing as a negative.

Fleau is Abatt'age's last name by the way ;-)
Older looking male Dwarf

OOG Name - Brad Stevens
Inch I didn't even know you were a first time PC! You did a great job on your RP and everything!
Any hey your welcome to join the orcs whenever you want, just play an orc :P

Cons
The Tower mod 1
They were interesting but half the PC's being stuck in a field unable to leave or help was lame, I managed to make my own fun though via touching the stabby faun.
Tower mod 2
Confusion with the barrier than everyone leaving and having only a few people left for the next mod
The HOLDS from the big boss elemental were annoying, I like what you were going for but I think it could have been handled with something like a
"Area of effect elemental rebuke"  "element change ____"    call   so it was all IG and maybe have just done a little premod explanation.

Pros

Mods/NPCs

Get to town from the skein gate, first thing I see is someone burning in a fire and jumping right in to pull them out
((Sorry I didn't know that Npc was supposed to die I don't usually like to cheese my undead/huge body point count))

Everything about the brood queen mod was great.
Shattered elf RP was Amazing!
Healing elemental staring me down from the distance and just hearing *Active dawn blade*
The Npc Bandit crew living in town was amazing, really felt like real thieves/bandits instead of the weird suicide humans that always come to steal stuff.
The Undead hunter Firbolg not sure how to deal with me.
The amazing mechanics of the magic eaters and cyclops mod, it was really well put together and fun.

PC's

Elf party!!! Miahla and Leena (can't remember your name sorry D:) being a sexy elves when drunk, getting fed by Abattage as an orc and learning hes a "warboss"  Clay puking on things, "Heal casting" (sorry wally :P)  just everything there was really funny!
Stan as his faun Creeper, Stan your RP is too good holyshit I had to walk away to laugh when you first came out and stabbed people.

ORC FAMILY!!! Gigo's surprise visit, meeting the south chief and handing off the banner/cape. OROKGRIM!!! BAAAAGH!!! Celeste orcs hugging him in the middle of his Baaagh stuff.   Cora and Java hits me right in the feels. KOBOLDS!
GNAR HANG OUT WITH YOUR ORC FAMILY MORE!
Urk the pervy lady orc IG sneaky groping champ.

Buckly, ohhh buckly you wonderful hobling.
Getting to interact with Mintha again, both saving her life and grossing her out at times. fun stuff.

Cat as Lilith, I'm used to kind and sweet lark the huge difference was fun to interact with.

My first visit to ralinwood was great! Also the most terryfying game I've had to date, almost died on way too many occasions.
Oh! i forgot to mention how much i loved Buckley's rp! that was super fun, also getting his hopes up that i had a cure. XD "Sorry. i don't know how wood-fae work."
A rotund kobold. 2ft tall. Often seen in a brown cloak. 

Jennifer Wood
Alright. Haven't done one of these in a bit, but let's do this!

Pros:

+First of all, Ramsey. Like everything you do man is just magic my dude. Every time I saw you make a beeline to me or people involved with Buckley's backstory stuff, all I could think to myself was "Oh it's fucking on!" You are great.

+The Loom and all of it's bullshit! The backlashes were great to watch happen to others and even more fun to play out. Which brings me too my next pro.

+Fucked up Buckley! I had a total of 5 different effects on me at the same time. Gods that was so much fun to RP... And I am super glad to see that others enjoyed it as well! I am not gonna lie, I was so deep into RPing fucked up Buckley I didn't realized just how many people were watching till a saw a clip of it lol I have a craving for that sweet sweet RP and this was pure sugar to me!

+Getting robbed! Weird pro I know but coming back to a ransacked tent was nostalgic... RIP Doyly...

+Deadlandsing it up with Billy The Great! I don't know who was NPCing that character but fuck was Billy The Great great! That whole mod was so much fun but Billy was the cherry on top for me.

+NPC Camp. You guys did a rocking job this game. Nothing felt out of place or forced to me. Everything felt so natural and lived in. All the plots and mods going on was like a fucking dance of nerd shit. Perfect job you guys. A++² all around.

+One Punching an Orc's armour clean off. Just yeah. That. All that.

+Kobolds! I love those little guys and see a lot of Kobold PCs were great. I really enjoyed that *Popping Sound* was the first Erasmus Worshipper he met other than himself.

+Getting Possessed. That was fun. Have to admit having a reason to punch people with no preoccupations was awesome.

+NPC shift. That was a blast, even though it was a little slow. Maybe as a small note, if there are a bunch of unused NPCs in NPC Camp maybe send a few out as rando crunches. Like a deer or a drunk Kobold with bombs. Just stuff. But topping the shift off with "The Unlimited Trip Bandits" was just tons of fun!

+All the new faces! I know a lot of them were from other guilds, but anyone new in Ralinwood is fantastic to see. In the few years it has existed our little town has grown and become more complex. It's got it's own style and people seem to love it! New players are my favourite though. So sweet, so pure, so innocent, and we get to watch that all crumble away first hand and see that look on their face of "Oh shit this is a legit thing I am doing" is worth coming to game alone.

+Lastly, but the most importantly, ALL OF THE RP WITH EVERYONE! I got to talk to almost everyone in some degree or another and had an absolute blast this game. I would want to give special props to people, but their were too many of you that were really great to RP with and I don't know all of your names so I am just going to give a big blanket of; ALL OF RALINWOOD.

Cons:

-Nothing really! At least nothing that was really anyone fault. I did lose a piece of armour, but I will admit that was most likely my bad. And my foot (one I have had many small surgeries on) got stepped on hard and that took me out of commission for the night, so I guess be careful of where you step at night guys!

All and all, one of my most favourite events to date. I had fun and I added to peoples fun, which is all I real want in a game. So yeah!

Event reviewed!
A black brimmed hat always sits atop the head of this Hobling. With two daggers always at his sides and with Erasmus in his prayers, Buckley is always willing to make a bit of coin.

(OOG Davis McGrath)