The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Review: Lights in the Hollow
I think I'm recovered enough now that I can organize my thoughts.

This was a big RP weekend for me. I had so much plot on Saturday that my plots were interupting my other plots. I'm pretty sure I spent more time  I talking to Ramsey than most of the PCs. I didn't even have time to focus on Magnora-ing it up with Rio's blacksmith. That being said, I felt really involved and necessary.

I missed the notorious fae mod because I was sick and sleeping, bringing the number of fae mods I've missed since getting my iron claws to 3. It sounds like it was a mess, in a realistic way that drives home that not all mods are easy, though I understand that it was frustrating. Wish I was awake to help, but w/e.

Highlights:
- New Savar Pride! Rob and Desmon, you were both great, and I can see Rajani running around to make Muun and Nylon comfortable in the future. All the rest of you: more Savar plz
- Meeting Leodin, though we didn't have long to talk. Magnora!
- Nylon's augury. I don't get to talk about Rajani's family much, so it was cool to just ramble for a bit.
- Muun's Grove ritual. Rob, that was amazing to watch. Good job, man.
- My NPC shift was tonnes of fun. From the Orcs which just wanted to party to the ghost-children, I felt like I was really involved in the RP of the characters. It's also nice to see that there was a focus on RP roles, to contrast the usual Friday night crunchies.

Overall, good event. I think it would have been better if I wasn't sick Saturday night, but there isn't much you guys can do about that.
 "I don't really do handshakes."

Black furred Savar female, often wearing dark formal clothing and a large gear pendant as well as carrying a satchel.

OOG: Corri Dawson
email: emopumpkin@live.ca
Well let's see. So much went on. I seemed to have lost track of what the plot was. 

Pros:
+Felt like not a lot was going on during the day on Saturday. Sometimes those kinds of days are alright too once in while. 

+ The fae mod. Sure it was difficult. Some things have to be. Must have learned something from that mod. 

+ finally getting a solo kill against an enemy. 

+ The final battle on Sunday. Was unexpected for the outcome. 

Cons:
- The fae mod. The number of waves for the fae may have been too much.
I do understand it was a harder mod for Saturday. 
 The timing between each waves of forces could been a little longer. Since both sides would need to regroup. It would be different if it were an ambush to destroy the attacking forces.
OOG Name: Alexander Donisi

IG Name: Harutsuki Saica
Human, Male, Assassin 

wears brown hood with blue scarf over black/brown vest/ jacket over leather samurai Armour, leather armour covering left arm. 
Wielding Two swords, two waist mounted daggers with other hidden weapons. 

Positives
-Lots of RP, I came to this event with no real goal other than to be mopey and sad for IG reasons, but I found myself decently involved with a lot of things and many opportunities to go on basically everything
-The mages guild mod. Having to actually defend a point, and feel like if we fucked up bad things would happen. It felt great to have a tangible reason to do something aside from - orcs are bad, make them go away.
-Being asked repeatedly if things were okay out of game between me and my SO because of both our RP
-The attempted robbery by Reginald and his master, defending two new players and being like "go away, I will not let you rob them"
-Talking to a new player about a lot of lore stuff
-The Fey Mod. I loved this mod personally. It was hard and difficult, and I haven't experienced a mod like it since one of the battles with the Lady of Faces in Jericho last year. I think players get complacent, expecting everything to be easy and doable regardless of what they do. Underworld is a horror-fantasy lap, it's motto is run-fight-hide. No one was forced to go on it, and player's expectation of oh we can just go loot stuff contributed to the ass handing. Lack of leadership, no proper front line, poor defense of healers an blacksmiths, trying to retreat, hesitation, all players faults. To be honest, I think this mod would have had no one die if the PCs had been even decently organized and actually pushed through from the beginning.
-Watching Reginald (one of Maxi's minions) literally carry Lilith to her cabin. Very amusing.
-Ghost children. Working with Nylon and trying to figure out what they needed to achieve their rest.
-Watching out for Nylon to make sure he could do a augury for someone who hates me safely

The Less Good
-I hate late night mods, and I hate tent raids. They are unenjoyable to me for a number of reasons. People who can't see in the dark, people almost always get hurt (I've almost never had no one trip), and this is coming from someone with good night vision.
-Onto hatred of tent raids. I often drive and sympathize for those who do, I don't enjoy my sleep getting interrupted. From what I saw, yes, tent raids only seemed to occur Friday night, but I still dislike them. In my opinion, tent raids punish players out of game for not sleeping with other people - so people who aren't comfortable sharing a tent are in the most danger.

Cons
-Me running into another player.
-Me running backwards into a tree when fighting robbers.
-Other PCs... I often find myself having to correct a lot of people in Ralinwood with rule calls and stuff, more than in Jericho. Last game it was you can't killing blow sleeping people (well you can, they just can resist). This game, I noticed so many people getting up after 3-5 minutes from saps, sleep, and paralysis. When all last ten minutes. The effects don't end when the thing that caused them died. Like, I get you're supposed to keep your own count, but when it's really obvious that you apparently don't know how to count to ten minutes it is annoying.
OOG: Agustin Brown-Arroyo
IG description: Male Ologot'Thalan, garbed in red and brown clothes underneath studded leather adorned with leaves.
Update: I asked a few people about whether you could hold onto a weapon when unconscious at game. Got home and asked on the world forums.

Response: "Doesn't sound very realistic."

http://underworldlarp.com/forum/thread-934.html
Gnome Tinkerer, gold freckles and black, magenta and blue hair. Wears a tan cap, olive shirt and various devices. Probably sneezing.
OOG: Elaine, Jericho
E-mail: wong.yi.mun through gmail
Some people pay around 300 dollars for reps... as a shaper I would never want a player to leave their expensive rep on the ground where they fell... what if it's deep in the woods... or night time... or worse, both. This leads to the inevitable loss of people's valuables which is always a bad thing. Being realistic is important but we should always be wise and thoughtful of ours/others valuables.
Some people pay around 300 dollars for reps... as a shaper I would never want a player to leave their expensive rep on the ground where they fell... what if it's deep in the woods... or night time... or worse, both. This leads to the inevitable loss of people's valuables which is always a bad thing. Being realistic is important but we should always be wise and thoughtful of ours/others valuables.