The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latex Weapons
Hello everyone!

I absolutely loved my first weekend in Ralinwood (I was the super awkward apprentice physician who had no idea what they were doing, haha) and am super excited to come back, however, before I do, I wanted to pick up a latex weapon from Epic Armoury, and was wondering if I could get some advice first. 

Ideally, I'm looking for something that can be classified as a dagger, but most of the blades of the daggers in the Epic Armoury inventory seem a little bit too long to fit into the guidelines in the Underworld Rulebook for a dagger, and I don't know which ones would pass with a Weapons Marshal.

With that in mind, is there anyone who uses a latex dagger from Epic Armoury, or has an idea of which daggers are most likely to pass? Alternatively, is there anyone who currently uses a latex dagger from another company?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A human physician wearing lightweight clothes and an owl necklace. Tends to be wary of combat, yet is true to her word and well-composed. Unless it involves insects.

OOG: Kennedy Laufman
Email: klaufman@mail.uoguelph.ca
http://www.calimacil.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw...Anj38P8HAQ

They have some good stuff, But if you get anything from epic armory also get the setting spray (or borrow it from someone) helps keep some of the stuff looking great for longer.
((Dark Elf, OOG Jeffrey Barth)))
Also something to note, because of the nature of Latex weapons, they are 99% not allowed for Thrusting or Stabbing due to a small end tip padding. This is fine for longer weapons but a dagger is harder to slash only with.
Brandon Slaa.
Branslaa at gmail.com
Unofficial Underworld Character Builder - Underworld Character Builder Download
Not a weapons marshall.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of daggers that are too long make it out as daggers (probably some of the same ones you've been looking at) I don't think it's a big concern so long as the dagger isn't unreasonably long. No weapon can pass safety until it's in a marshall's hand but the ones from Epic Armour and Calimacil are pretty safe bets.
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
I did consider using a sword over a dagger briefly since it would be easier to slash with, but I actually found the sword I used at the first event inconveniently long outside of combat (namely while fleeing and/or hiding from untimely demons).

Anyway, thank you for all the help and advice! I think I will end up going with a Calimacil dagger; they seem more durable and I like their design better, plus the foam seems a little safer than the latex.
A human physician wearing lightweight clothes and an owl necklace. Tends to be wary of combat, yet is true to her word and well-composed. Unless it involves insects.

OOG: Kennedy Laufman
Email: klaufman@mail.uoguelph.ca