The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REVIEW - Healing Sphere Rewrite
The effect as you have written does not state the number of resistances those buffed by the spell have, but I confess, I missed the part where you said anyone who is unconscious is immune to death death, I had thought it applied to all. My bad.

So, a person hit with a death effect while in the circle will straight up die. I like it.

I still think it should require a physrep. So its harder to battle cast. Other than that, me like.
(01-11-2016, 02:51 PM)crowles Wrote: I can respect that, I understand that the intent of the spell is to serve as the perfect pick me up, but it reduces the out of combat utility of healers, and lets be honest, a lot of people who take the healing school are non-combat players.

My first character was a healer, and I can confirm that this is true. While I used Cure Light Wounds in combat quite a bit, I found myself using it out of combat as well.
(01-11-2016, 04:09 PM)crowles Wrote: The effect as you have written does not state the number of resistances those buffed by the spell have, but I confess, I missed the part where you said anyone who is unconscious is immune to death death, I had thought it applied to all. My bad.

So, a person hit with a death effect while in the circle will straight up die. I like it.

I still think it should require a physrep. So its harder to battle cast. Other than that, me like.

Yeah, you're definitely write about the phys-rep. If it applied to everyone in the circle it would be too good, I agree Tongue
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
The only revision to your wording I would make would be that the immunity to death effects only effects players who are in specifically the stabilized condition, not the unconscious condition, so it does not cover any one who is affected by the sleep spell.
Furthermore, the "may resist any effect that would put them in their death count" should be changed to "have immunity to any effect that would put them in their death count". Resistances are an active defence, while immunity is not, an unconscious person cannot resist. (I'm pretty sure?)
Dear gods Healing Hands is strong. Can it be used on self and does the temp hp stack with bolster and/or itself?
Email: gennaro.shaper@gmail.com
Temp hp spells will not stack. Yes, you will be giving undead temp body if you cast it on them.
OOG: Constantine Collias
???
What about something like healing burst. 10 ft circle- 5 body to all people within range
Kind of a needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one thing
Young human female wearing a pirate hat and a red vest with an hourglass on the back
OGG- Alexandra Kerr- alex.Kerr18@gmail.com
My thought for the 9th level is this..

Wall of Light::
A 10 foot wall,, much like the ones from the elemental sphere,, that lesser undead simply can''t pass through.. Greater undead can pass through it but take 25 magic body.. Any creature that walks through are blinded for 10 seconds afterwards,, if they can be blinded..

I don''t really know how long that stuff should last and I really don''t care about the name I gave,, it''s all just a thought.. But this sphere seems to be getting some great healing spells and other support spells,, I think one that would have a larger presence out in combat or buy time in a chase or such would be a good addition..
Medical Enthusiast, Comedian, Whore, Writer and Holy Man!

A poncy Wood Fae with light purple horns that have black cracks running through them. He wears a plate chest piece along with unusual clothing. At almost all times can be seen wearing an unsettling amount of make up and carrying a leather bag.
Here are my thoughts on the spells as proposed.

First circle - 
Recover - This is a strong spell.  Great idea.

Turn Undead - This is a very weak spell.  Cower does not last long, and it only effects lesser undead.  You could allow the caster to throw 3 packets per casting of the spell to balance it, or change it to Hinder undead.  changing it to a Line of Sight Swamp walk effect that also causes it -2 strength.  

Second circle 
Cleanse - Like cure disease except specify to include nausea and plague as removable. Should affect magical and mundane diseases, but not curses i.e. lycanthropy, vampirism, etc.  Cure disease already affects nausea and plague, but clarity is better.  Good Spell.

Cure Wounds - Great.

Third circle - 
Potion of Sweetwater - Great idea

Recuperate - This spell has very similar in game effects to alchemical regeneration.  Having two effects that are close but slightly different should be avoided because it causes confusion.  I do see distinct differences between the effects, and I can see why those differences are in place, but we have been trying to lower the amount of effects players need to memorise so I'm just flagging this one for discussion.

Fourth circle - 
Cure Serious Wounds - Good Spell

Dawnblade Enchantment - The call would have to be specific so the target knows they only take it if they are undead.  "Spell Strike Dawnblade" would work.  Also, see my thoughts on "harm undead" and "Destroy Undead" effects below.  Also, the way this is worded the undead would take 20 magic body, since it takes double damage from healing.  Was that intentional?

Fifth circle - 
Bolster - Will this be a spell that can be pre-cast when you log?  It lasts for 5 days, so will a caster be able to walk into game with it on their spirit in the same way that protections casters can?
Restore Limb - This is a very significant buff to this spell.  Not sure how I feel about it being this powerful at this level.  But I'm not against it.  Just not sure.

Sixth Circle - 
Cure Mortal Wounds - Good Spell

Peaceful Repose - Can a caster start game with this spell cast on themselves?  Similar to some protections spells?

Seventh Circle - 
Death Ward - What is the duration on this spell? Can a caster come into game with it on them?  Will it save you from a physical decapitate?
Healing Hands - How long does the caster have to touch two people?  Can they touch one person twice?  Can they cast other spells while this spell is active?

Eighth Circle 
Purify - I like this spell, but it removes power from Gaia's Restoration.  Since it now covers practically everything, then Gaia's won't remove anything.

Heal - Great spell.

Ninth Circle - 
Life - Good
Destroy Undead - Taking a page from Exocism, let it do 216 Magic Body Damage to undead.  If this spell destroys the undead, the Caster will know if they undead is finaled, or if it resurrects/reforms.

Side note:  I've toyed with the idea of Harm Undead and Destroy Undead effects.  My thoughts were that Harm Undead would be 45 Body to an undead, and destroy undead would destroy lesser undead completely and do huge damage to greater undead.  You have something similar already in the Heal spell though.  So its less needed.
Lead Shaper Jericho - 2014
Armour Marshal - Jericho
rob@larp.ca
email is the best way to contact me.
(01-11-2016, 07:27 PM)Mancy A.N.H. Periwinkle Wrote: My thought for the 9th level is this..

Wall of Light::
A 10 foot wall,, much like the ones from the elemental sphere,, that lesser undead simply can''t pass through.. Greater undead can pass through it but take 25 magic body.. Any creature that walks through are blinded for 10 seconds afterwards,, if they can be blinded..

I don''t really know how long that stuff should last and I really don''t care about the name I gave,, it''s all just a thought.. But this sphere seems to be getting some great healing spells and other support spells,, I think one that would have a larger presence out in combat or buy time in a chase or such would be a good addition..

While I feel your spell idea is balanced, I have never liked the wall spells.  They are always hard to marshal.  People don't see the rope at night, and if you aren't there to tell them its there, they don't see it.

I'd actually like us to lose the other wall spells, they never work as well as battle magic spells as I would like.
Lead Shaper Jericho - 2014
Armour Marshal - Jericho
rob@larp.ca
email is the best way to contact me.