Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Help
hello, 
 i was hoping to play a human ranger with alchemy skill.  any suggestions or hints?
Welcome to Underworld Ralinwood!

I am Sierra, and I am a NPL (New Player Liaison)...Basically it is my job to answer these questions and make sure that you are ready for game. Feel free to PM if you like, or continue to ask questions on here. Everyone is SO helpful.

Human Ranger Alchemist is a great start. 

Have you given the Rulebook a peak?

As far as CP (Character Points) goes, Nightblades can buy Alchemy skills better than Rogues. Although Nightblades don't get the BP (Body Points) Rogues do, so they are a little squishier.

What are your plans for this character? What do you want to do with the Alchemy?
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca
Just for clarity, when she says Rogue, she means Ranger.

Smile
AKA - "Donovan Moonfist"
Short human with short dark hair. Wears black studded leather vest and a brown studded leather helmet. Usually wielding a club with a dagger at his belt. Better looking than Ludvic.

OOG: Todd (Jenner)
(08-24-2015, 10:14 AM)Donovan Wrote: Just for clarity, when she says Rogue, she means Ranger.

Smile

I totally did.

Rogue is not a class (it is technically a group of classes), and in the early hours of the morning I read Rogue as Ranger.
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca
(08-24-2015, 01:16 PM)Sierra Katrian Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 10:14 AM)Donovan Wrote: Just for clarity, when she says Rogue, she means Ranger.

Smile

I totally did.

Rogue is not a class (it is technically a group of classes), and in the early hours of the morning I read Rogue as Ranger.

lol...i thought she might have meant ranger.  i didn't want to be squishy, hence the choice of a ranger.  Although, i have been reconsidering my choice today. i wanted something extra to just a hack and slasher, and am not entirely clear on how magic works.
fair warning, ranger is a rough go as far as hack and slashing. and alchemy is essentially throwing fistfuls of money at your enemies until you get a bunch of ranks in it and some rare recipes.

early levels i always recommend picking one thing and being decent at it before trying to do more. some people like the splash of this splash of that characters but as has been discussed else where, "pure" concept characters are generally more effective while hybrid characters are situationally more effective.
Elderly Human man wearing a long grey coat over chainmaille.
(08-24-2015, 06:02 PM)Acorn NPC Wrote: fair warning, ranger is a rough go as far as hack and slashing. and alchemy is essentially throwing fistfuls of money at your enemies until you get a bunch of ranks in it and some rare recipes.

early levels i always recommend picking one thing and being decent at it before trying to do more. some people like the splash of this splash of that characters but as has been discussed else where, "pure" concept characters are generally more effective while hybrid characters are situationally more effective.

thanks for the input, i was finding it hard combine a few aspects.