The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great weekend everyone!
I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone that I met at Warcry this weekend. You all helped make my first game the most epic thing ever. I met so many people 
out of and in game, that I will never remember all of the names(sorry). There were so many memorable characters and the roleplaying was so good That I was legitimately sad at the end.

The story was awesome, the battles were crazy (In a good way). I am happy that I chose this as my first and can't wait until next game!

I do however have some questions now as I prepare for the next game. First, I read that there is a fee to create a character on the second game. Is this true? Second, I plan on purchasing some calmacil long swords. My character is able to use them but I'm not sure if they are restricted based on length. I did see many people using weapons that were far bigger than the limit sizes in the rulebook and the sizing seems larger fOr all of the weapons I've looked at buying. Lastly, I know that now I need tags for all of my armour and weapons, do I need to buy those tags in game with money Or are the free basic weapon tags and would I even start with enough money to pay for the gear I plan on starting with?

Thanks again everyone, 
Chris.
A young man wearing leather armour. A sword at his side and bow over his shoulder.
There is a cost to apply blankets to a non-Jericho character for the first time. For the rest... *Opens rulebook, gets megaphone, queues choir of angels, parts clouds, and turns up the sun*

AND LO DO I QUOTE UNTO YOU FROM THE BOOK OF RULES, YE VERSION 5.4.9

THE WEAPONS CHART FOR YE OLDE LARP GAIME, LOCATED ON YONDER PAGES 88 AND 89

[Image: KGaEUTS.png]
AND FROM THE GOODE PAGES 5 AND 6 OF THE HOLY BOOK OF RULES:

Quote:Starting Gear On your first event ever you will not receive any in game tags from logistics. You will however receive one gold and one silver. You will also receive this starting gold and silver on your first game as subsequent characters. Your weapons and armour will not require them for this one event and as an added bonus, you cannot have your weapons or armour taken, stolen, lost, or broken. You will also not need a spellbook to memorize from if you cast spells. 6 On your second event, and every event thereafter, you will need in game tags for all weapons and armour your character wishes to use. On your second ever event, or the first event with any future new characters, you will receive the following to start your character off as long as you have the proficiency and reps for them:  Up to 30 points of armour  Up to 2 weapons  Up to 1 shield  A spellbook containing every spell your character can cast

*Turns off megaphone*

Hope that helps.
OOG: Constantine Collias
Most Calimacil longswords also fall within the length restrictions for longswords. They post on the site what length the swords are. Just be careful with Bastard swords that you want to use IG as longswords as most of them are too long. From what I remember when I last looked at them.
Piece of garbage fire looking Einher.
Thanks for the quick replies, however I did not receive 1 gold and one silver at my first game. In real coin or in paper form. To be fair logistics was super packed and it could have easily been missed. Is it OK to assume that I have it? And for the weapons I realize I was reading the length wrong, in the first column it says longsword/scimitar and I miss understood the min/max as the max for both thinking 30in was the max for longswords. My bad sometimes I wonder if I'm loosing it. but thanks for posting all of that infprmation for me.
A young man wearing leather armour. A sword at his side and bow over his shoulder.
No worries. Sometimes logistics forgets - ask to get your starting coin next game if that was the case. I'm not involved in running the guild here so I can't promise if you will or won't get it.
OOG: Constantine Collias