The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern Cover-ups
Hello all,

I am new and have some questions about armouring. I know the rules say that modern sports equipment is not allowed/penalized. However, my question is about covering it up. If I cover sports padding to look like leathers or hides/furs would that be approved and appropriate to use?

I am planning on make it to my first event in the spring and try to use what I have and make while working with a limited budget. Any input would would be great.

Thanks,

Tadhg
Unfortunately we do not allow modern sports equipment at all, even if it is covered up. We only allow armour that is made of leather and steel (Aluminium, but armour points will be deducted).

Some people have repurposed old leather jackets, or high top leather boots to create armour (know that you will have to double or tripple layer to reach the required thickness). Make sure that everything you use is real leather, and not made of vinyl as this is not allowed.

We have a crafting group on Facebook that a lot of people use to pose questions and get help with costuming.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UWcrafters/
- The All Seeing Eye -
- Backstory Wizard -

Backstory Email: backstories@underworldralinwood.ca
Personal Email: sierra@underworldralinwood.ca
We had put a lot of thought into making armor on the cheap. When we first started our budget was set to 100$ each.
Your absolute best friend is the scrap yard. You can get a set of bracers made for almost nothing and a gorget for even less. The two together could add up to 23-29 points if done right.
If you come find me at event ,I might have a small amount of leather left over from my new set, we could work out a deal.