The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question of lighting.
lol Okay. Let me know ahead of time and I'll plan it out. If you are buying 4 I only charge 8 silver for all 4 to be prepared.
IG: Neomi Yves
IG: Neomi is a High Elf.

OOG/FB: Carrie Lyle-White
E-mail: LivelyNeko@gmail.com
I'd like to clarify, just in case there's any confusion. 4 liquid lights = 1 mobile light, but not a light that can be turned on and off. The nature of a glowing alchemy is that once it's activated it can't be un-activated, so the alchemical lantern is safe to move, but will continue to glow until it burns out. If you're in the woods trying to hide from bandits you may need to throw your cloak over it and hope it doesn't glow through.
oh. okay.

Now that I think about it. Wouldn't that just be a liquid light itself? Because isn't liquid lights mobile already? So what is the point of having a lantern if you can have a liquid light if it doesn't turn off and on. You can put a lantern out when it is lit as a candle so this kinda doesn't make much sense to me.

(Just clarifying because I'm confused. That's all)

This is a quote from the most updated rule book I have:

pg 72

Liquid Light
The Liquid Light alchemy allows any a green Cyalume light stick (Glowstick), to be used In
-
Game. This light
behaves in all respects like the spell Illuminati
on with the exception that it cannot be dispelled via Dispel Magic.
Liquid lights can be combined to produce a greater effect. Combining three Liquid Light alchemies will allow the
use of a non
-
LED flashlight. Flashlights used in this manner must always b
e pointed own towards the ground.
The
use of five Liquid Light alchemies will allow the use of on non
-
LED, non
-
flame lantern. Glowsticks,
flashlights and
lanterns may be turned on and off as the user desires for the duration of the alchemy

Is this still right?

Also can we please have access to the rule books in Ralinwood so that if there is any future confusion we can refer to it easier?

The difference is in how much light you get out of it. It's one glowstick versus a portable lantern. Even if you put 4 glowsticks together they probably won't give as much useful light as a battery powered lantern does.