The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to larp but can't wait to play!
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi and let you all know I'm excited to finally try out larping with Underworld! I've been a tabletop gamer for years and have finally decided to take the big leap to live action. I was hoping to go to the January workshop ( even prelogged for it last week) to meet everyone and get a hands on education about the way the game is played, but unfortunately there has been a death in my family and the funeral is this coming Saturday. So I'll have to wait until February to makemy first trip to Ralinwood.

That being said I am doing everything in my power to get ready for my first event. I've been reading the rulebook to try and familiarize myself with all the spells and abilities and have created a human ranger character which I think I'll really enjoy playing. I'm even enjoying trying to create a nice looking costume which looks authentic to really get into my character. I've also found a bow and tried my hand at constructing 2 boffer swords using the Underworld guide. They look and feel right but I'll have to wait and see what the armour marshals say Smile

I've started watching some videos to see how combat works and been reading all the first event info to make sure I'm bring the essentials ( food, water, socks, etc.) to my first event.

Seeing how I'm complete new to this though if anyone has any suggestions for me regarding anything I'd appreciate it. I'd rather do the research now and be as prepared for my first event as possible.

Anyways, hello again and I hope to meet and play with everyone soon!
A Golden Draconian clad in a brown jerkin and chainmaille.

OOG: Sean Gawthroupe

Messages In This Thread
New to larp but can't wait to play! - by Roland - 01-20-2015, 11:07 PM