The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/english) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/underworldralinwood.ca/:/tmp/) - Line: 441 - File: global.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 441 is_dir
/printthread.php 16 require_once

Underworld Ralinwood Forums
Event Review: Come what May - Printable Version

+- Underworld Ralinwood Forums (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums)
+-- Forum: Out Of Game Forums (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Community (http://www.underworldralinwood.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Event Review: Come what May (/showthread.php?tid=4151)

Pages: 1 2 3

Event Review: Come what May - Dan Finn - 07-30-2017

Let's have it!

What did you like, what needs improvement, and what was your favourite moment?

Bonus!  What mod did you like the most?

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Java Aquari - 07-30-2017

Pro's:
-Orc stuff, f#cking love you guys. The fighting then to have Orokgrim go Baagh on us was amazing.
-The rests between mods, nice due to heat
-Mystic stuff, always happy to see that.
-Free spells after completing something, a nice touch (currently still have the Greater Elemental Blade XP)
-Celeste Orcs, by god, the hilarity of the whole thing!
-Jericho Brewlords, you guys are awesome.
-Healing water from the water elemental, lovely little flavor to a hot day
-"SSHHEERRMMAAANN!!!!" Oz will never fail to make me laugh
-Gigoliath finding out Demetria could shoot fire from her mouth, the hilarity that followed~ Love you Adam you always make me laugh XD
-Real feels with Capri, love you botha'
-Mostly everything fantastic was player driven <3

Con's.
-Some parts felt they weren't the best scripted, not a huge fault, you have a lot to deal with
-you guys did send a great deal at ralinwood due to the increase of high level visiting players. Understandable, but some things felt like we skipped a level to match par with their arrival.

Not really much else for Negatives, had a good time. Java is now my main, way to much fun with orcs XP

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Ludvic - 07-30-2017

Posting for Vlad

My favorite thing was the bandits.
my favorite moment was the look on weasels face when he was attacked. Song of aversion! Well played little one.
I liked the frequency of instamods and how they had recommended party members. The alchemy one was hella funny.
The Saturday mod was confusing to my character overall. I didn't put much effort into understanding any of it so that's on me. That moment though when you didn't know if you were going to get killed by elementals or the trample of your allies running away was priceless.

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Alexis - 07-30-2017

Okay where do I even start.

-mages guild love how we needed to keep the magic eaters alive even though they kept dispelling us
-the fucking back lash stuff omg. Once everyone found out they just needed to touch me to get drunk I kept getting hugged and poked. I had to be drunk for a couple hours that was fun
-elf party had some fun moments it left me in tears from laughing
-beating the Shit out of mason
-then knighting him sir little Shit
-Pandora stuff
-fucking fire lords
-people getting possessed
-More Pandora stuff
-" just cut out the babies heart and make him eat it" (LOL)
-fucking shattered elves
-Justin hiding in the woods as a shattered elf. Don't ever change lol
-ALEX AS A FUCKING CLERIC YESSS

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Brondulf Elricson - 07-30-2017

Pro's
-Leading a band of new player into combat against rats.
-Watching orc players do battle against each other.
-Blood red rose stuff.
-Water elementals instigating a water balloon fight.
-GETTING SOME SEXY LOOT!!!
-Pulling a late night NPC shift and seeing some cool s***.

Con's
-No real cons i have with this event, although higher level stuff did leave me wondering what to do at times.

Bonus
-Almost died from Ghouls on first night.
-Younger brother suffered a death from ghouls :'(

Finale score: 9.9/10, would almost die to ghouls again (thank you to everyone who helped make this event one of if not the best one i have attended yet, whether you are a player new or old, NPC, or shaper.)

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Ccompton - 07-30-2017

I went into this event with pretty high hopes and alot of fun in mind, I was pretty crushed by OOG stuff even before game started (at no fault of the plot team). You guys in plot did a great job to motivate me and pick up spirits. Thanks for that.

Pros:
Town Meeting (I'm one of the few that loves politics and organisation)
ALL OF THE NEW PLAYERS, gosh there seemed to be so many unfamiliar faces
I didn't interact with many mods as my PC but the orcs and minotaurs seemed to be pretty well planned out and scaled, it looked impressive from my spot healing those who fell.

Cons:
None really? A few cons OOG that are unrelated to plot if I had to think of anything, you guys did swell.

Bonus:
Ivanna's look of genuine concern and her slightly shaking hand during my PC's petition with Aminata. It's always a pleasure to RP and you really drive it up a notch.

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Cora - 07-30-2017

Oh man what a trip.

Pros:
- Mods were diverse and interesting with easy to follow mechanics
- RP with PCs and NPCs were well done~
- Diversity with creatures and monsters- I likey!
- FLAT LAAAAAAAAND, I know this is a bit of a stretch but it's nice to run and fight without having to trek up and down hills and rocks. I could feel the beautiful breeze in my short floof of hair as I was charging up to monsters

Cons:
- Ehhhhhh none that I can think of
- Aside from (I guess) while I understand the level raise on certain enemy hordes, I feel that it might have alienated some players and also may have been just a pinch more difficult than expected. But hey, it happens and this is more of a teeny tiny nitpick imo.

Moments: GOODNESS GRACIOUS WHERE DO I START

- CHOO CHOO, ALL ABOARD THE FAMILY FEELS TRAIN! NEXT STOP, TEARS AND TRAUMA
- Bringing out the Re Vera.
- Pueblo Pevele Prancesco's getting sassy.
- Demmie de Flametrowah.
- KOHAI DID NOT NOTICE YOU
- How to spend time with your brothers: watch one of them almost burn their insides and huff out the smoke in their belly.
- Sunday morning wake up with Paps.
- SHEEEEEEEEEEERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
- Fam jam times (PUEBLO WASN'T CRYING OKAY, IT WAS DIAMONDS STUCK IN HER EYES)
- Pueblo vs. Pawp
- THE EMOOOOOOOOTIOOOOOOOOONS

Hope to visit you all again!!

RE: Event Review: Come what May - MinthaDuvaineth - 07-31-2017

Man oh man this event was a rollercoaster. I'll start with the cons first so as to end on a positive note:

Cons:

- Town council out in the open field. Perhaps we should hold it in a more shady area in the future
- (Sat night, after the elemental fight) The description of the barrier stopping us from continuing forward caused confusion so people headed back to town, just to be called back again. Not sure what was supposed to happen there.
- Confusion concerning overall goals regarding the tower and other large mods. I assume it was another broken-telephone type situation, but I also feel that there were so many plots going on at once that information got lost in the shuffle

Neutral:

- I feel like I missed out on a lot of things, but then again there was A TON of content on Saturday so well done team

Pros:

- So many new people! Helping build characters and answering questions is so fulfilling
- Helping out in NPC camp. It's really nice that my efforts are appreciated there
- Being raised as a ghoul is scary and both fun as heck. Thumbs up to the NPC who was checking level before performing killing blows
- the creepy dream eater: "I can't hear a word you're saying" *removes face* "IS THIS BETTER?!?"
- Dustin's healing elemental (aka sparkles) and the ensuing fight. So happy to see a friend have her moment to shine
- dominating Squirt the water elemental and helping everyone stay hydrated
- singing "I'm a little teapot" while posing a paralyzed friend
- My Shop! Still very successful and lots of fun. Also Carrion is rad
- Ramsay sharing his cheesecake winnings <3
- Learning that mercs and corsets don't mix
- SHATTERED ELVES!!! Wonderful RP from the NPCs
- Trying to talk a dwarf through solving a puzzle is so damn frustrating. Damn you Dan
- breaking down and ugly crying when realizing I had found something very important to me
- The most challenging RP of my larp career to date. Giving a speech of sorts and then doing 10 minutes of solo RP while my friends watched in silence was nerve wracking but I got through it
- shaking with excitement putting on the blue makeup again
- way too many great PC interactions to list here

Favourite Mod:
Saturday's elemental battle. Holy jeez I thought I was a pro at fighting elementals but I was crapping my pants.
-I kept running into Adam as the fire Lord every single time I returned to the front lines. He was too damn good in that role!
-Justin's multi elemental was great. I loved the mechanic, use of Juggernaut, and the explosive death
- Brent as the Lightening lord
- People literally tripping over each other in retreat because the fight was so damn tough.
- The challenge level of the mod was fantastic

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Gigoliath - 07-31-2017

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

RE: Event Review: Come what May - Hannick - 07-31-2017

I would like to preface this with that this has been my favourite event I have PC'd this year.

There were lots of awesome moments throughout the weekend both from PCs and NPCs. However I am going to start off with cons.

Cons:
The larger mods (namely the tower) felt pretty disorganized. This is a mix of IG and OOG disorganization, due to PC inability to communicate and simply such a high volume of PCs. I don't mind it so much, and it wasn't super noticeable in the first tower mod, but in the second tower mod it was much more significant to me, and I thought that there wasn't anything after the elemental lords so I left. This is probably my only complaint about the weekend, and even so I don't feel like missing a little bit of a mod I couldn't do much on was influential on how much fun I had over all.

Pros:
The spacing and time of mods. They were close together for the most part, with enough space in between a number of them to rest and drink water without making the day feel like it dragged on.
The many new/newish PCs.
The shattered elves were scary as all hell, especially when the healers seem to be absent for the most part.
Talking to newer PCs about the gods and dragons a touch, especially about Celeste.
The quick Enlightenment that Melody did in the first tower mod, and the ensuing RP shit that I have/will be getting into.
The first tower mod was a lot of fun in my opinion, and seemed very scary at first.
The variety of NPC roles coming out. I felt like I did not have to deal with the same problem twice really.
The two NPC shifts I took were really fun.
Lilith tormenting Hannick for a while was fun. Hannick kindly requests that he no longer be hallucinated ; ).
The dream thing at the tower mod that I got to go on, it was so much fun and scary and I was ready to accept a death for things to happen. It was the first time I have ever managed to cry and it was just an awesome side mod. It was great for my back story to matter even if only to get basically a bad vision, and only for like 20 minutes. Props to Dustin.
Bringing my friend Dan to come larp for the first time ever. He had a lot of fun, so thanks to everyone that he fought, rp'd with, or just interacted with for being awesome.