Underworld Ralinwood Forums

Full Version: As Old As Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ralinwood,

Five years ago, you crossed the great sea and settled on these lands. Five years ago, you answered our cries for help and saved us from the Bloodbringer orc tribe. Five years ago, we brokered a mutual alliance to live harmoniously with your people.

Since then, we have lived well, content in our seclusion. We prospered with this peace–but we were not the only ones. Without the Bloodbringer orcs as a constant threat, we, alongside our Squamata brethren, continued to grow.

Perhaps we dwelled too deep in the swamps for too long. Too secluded. When the Shak’tar spoke of Ralinwood’s expansion, our fear displaced our memory.

We are stricken with guilt and regret. We don’t deny our involvement in the flooding of your fields, but we do ask forgiveness for our ignorance in what the Shak’tar have done. We underestimated what they were capable of.

Your kindness spared the lives of our people–twice now. We will do whatever we can to repay this debt.

Grosh, Emissary of the Gremmel
"Seclusion often breeds a stagnant viewpoint. I for one am glad that you are joining us as one community. Hopefully we can keep open communication and progress as kin instead of enemies. You can call upon me in a time of need, and I will answer as best as I can. So long as you do not mind this grumpy dwarf's help.

Conduct yourself well and keep safe,
Johan Haas.

-Penned for Johan Haas."
''Conflicts and bloodshed is a song that sings as old as wind and tides.
In the hopes to see you quell the fools who take contracts with our shields and blade, Charr would like to see your roar and kill by his side.

In the hopes of peace through blood,
-Charr the ogre.''
I am sure that many of us are simply glad this could all be sorted before more harm was done to either side of this conflict. I imagine we must all stand together in the coming days against the threat that looms over not just our town but the surrounding lands, as already there has been much done that would strain what could be considered right by nature. Together, we will all do what we can to protect our homes.

- Carrion, Priest of the Nightkeeper
Sometimes things happen that can not be helped, this is one such event.
Ignorance is not a crime, and hopefully these past days will have shown that we all need to be able to look beyond our preconcived borders and to our neighbors so that when they are in need, or their views are being clouded by falsehoods we can ofer aid and hopefully stave off any such issues from ever happening again.

-Eym Lûa, Ajaunti of the Hur-Rha