Underworld Ralinwood Forums

Full Version: Little Helper [9am, Aug 31, 2016]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
-Wizwik is up bright at early as he makes his way over to the docks. He notices all the bodies but notices there are much less in the waters from when he first came and saw the carnage. He shakes his head getting back to his original task. With all his tools in hand he goes to the docks. He stops by where Swiggins normally would be with his ship in the works to find the slip empty. His eyes wide as he looks around the ports to see if he actually finished it or something he didn't want to think about. Again shaking the thought out of his head-

"Focus...the Docks need repair...I hope Swiggins is alright..." as Wizwik goes about and offers help with whatever projects have already started or have yet to be started.-
A few of the docks are in disrepair just as a bunch are fixed up with parts and pieces holding them aloft once more, Swiggins is seated at the end of one of the run down ones hammering away at some new footings with his coat slung over his shoulders and a trail of smoke flowing from in front of him as he faces the sea in his work.
He hums a light jaunty tune as he works not noticing the world around him.
-Wizwik walks over to swiggins- "Morning Captain...Do you want a hand?..."
Recognizing the voice but not turning around from his work, Swiggins speaks out in a bit of a rough tone but it still holds much of his jolliness. He continues to work as he speaks.

"Mornin' Wiz, sounding like ya've got a jitter to ya self. Too early for you? If ye got a hankering to help I suggest working on those boards back there and cutting 'em to proper size so we can get this dock done."

Swiggins thumbs to a pile of wooden planks and chunks of metal, a few tools are nearby that all have the initials E.S. in them.
"I'm fine captain...just sore from working...helped Rajani two days back get her Caravan up and repaired...then got a full days work yesterday helping repair the Market area...and Yes sir Captain...but...if I may...wh...what happen to the ship?" he sounded scared to ask
"Sounds like a right bit of good ya doing Wiz, appreciate the effort yer putting forward......"

As he hammers down and listens carefully he smashes down the hammer at the mention of his ship hard, a sudden burst of something like blue fire can be seen flowing from in front of him as his tone takes a gruff and harsh turn.

"Ye best not be askin' 'bout it right now little one....It's bad enough it happened but it be worse that we got nothing to go on for who done it....Neither of us be happy so ye best avoid that subject and focus for now."

His shoulders shake and the smoke from his pipe is flowing darker as he finishes his words.
-Wizwik's eyes go wide, he steps back and his grip goes tight- "...S...Swiggins...wh...what happened to you...this..." -Wizwik regain's his composure, his left arm raises as he points his Dispel magic device at him- "...What have you done to Swiggins...'Neither of us' you say...then who is the other..."
"Jeez little one, and here we thought we we're the drinker?...Wiz point that thing elsewhere before I get the wrong idea 'bout ya....Nothin's wrong with us, you've met us before ya know?...Has a point ya know, ya did meet 'im."

Swiggins just continues to work but turns his head slightly to reveal his left eye ablaze in an angry glare. His face has rough patches of dirt and flaked dry blood.
He lowers his device "...I...think I get the idea...I've...just seen and heard a whole lot of chaos and nightmares...so...I take it...Sober Swiggins and Drunk Swiggins?...two minds...one body?..." as he shrugs off the shakes in his hands and gets to work on what Swiggins asked him to do "...I just worry about you Captain...You are a friend first...Captain tied with first"
"Pffttt, ya ain't so slow after all. Took ya a bit to remember so I suppose ya taken too many head shots....No need to press this Wiz, just know things'll be fine....And if they ain't then we make 'em."

Swiggins calms himself as his eye loses its intensity and he turns back to his work adjusting and positioning the pieces before him. He returns to a light whistle as he works and his overall mood seems to switch right into a jolly tune.
Pages: 1 2